i30 Owners Club

Suggestions for new tyres

JJ · 3 · 10048

Offline JJ

• 1st Gear

• Australia
Hi guys,

Need some opinions and suggestions regarding buying new tyres for my i30 diesel elite PD 2017 (225/45/17). Wet and dry performance with good tread life. Thinking about Dragon spot, Yokohama advan fleva  701,
Primacy 4....

Need some suggestions plz 😍😍😍
  • I30 elite diesel PD 2017

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi JJ, about a year ago, I went to a Bob Jane store to get a new set of tyre's. just told them I want good wet weather grip, they said Michelin , so went with there suggestion & they really stick driving fast on Aussie country roads in the wet, & no problems holding the road in dry. have covered 30,000km on them in past year & are wearing well too.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi guys,

Need some opinions and suggestions regarding buying new tyres for my i30 diesel elite PD 2017 (225/45/17). Wet and dry performance with good tread life. Thinking about Dragon spot, Yokohama advan fleva  701,
Primacy 4....

Need some suggestions plz 😍😍😍

:welcumwagon: JJ,

I did a bit of a rave review on here when i upgraded the tyres on my sporty PD SR 1.6 petrol turbo to Michelin Pilot sport 4's but by the time i got to about 20,000 kilometres of use they became noisier and i discovered they are terrible on gravel.

In hindsight despite them now being OEM equipment on sporty i30 models, i would probably Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003's I recently put them on my Camry Hybrid,  not long before i traded.They are brilliant.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal