i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 Head unit upgrade from GD-01

IGi30 · 1 · 9781

Offline IGi30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi all - I am a newby to the forum and thought I would share my experience trying to upgrade my car Radio/Head Unit form a dud "GD-01 to, firstly a GPS Navigation unit and then back to a GD-02.

The upgrade in this model to a LAN1050EHGD Sat/Nav unit is a waste of time as the Wiring in the models for this unit is entirely different and the Heater/AC control Fascia below is a different unit so don't go there. The radio works with limited other functions and all of the speaker configurations are different. You will also need a APA64 Antenna Adaptor, GPS Antenna and a separate microphone for the Bluetooth phone connection. You will also lose all Steering wheel remote control functions.

So I bought a GD-02 thought it would also be a straight swap in and out as the Fascias on the Head Unit and Heater/AC Controls are the same. However when I swapped it out there was a Reverse Camera Warning message on the screen that I couldn't get rid of. Thanks to the i30 Forum I removed Pin #9 from the Female Plug A and it works like a charm with all functionality.

In doing all of this I developed a PIN Comparison Spread Sheet for the GD-01,02,03 and the LAN1050EHGD Sat/Nav unit to share with you all so you can see the common and different PIN arrangements. I like to share.

If anyone has any information or recommendations about a Head Unit upgrade for a 2011 i45 YF please let me know as this is my other car and it doesn't even have Bluetooth.
Cheers
Ian

• 2013 i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal