i30 Owners Club

How do i remove/put back on the front bumper undertray of the i30 ?

Offline james3491

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Hi guys, needing some help here with parts of the i30..i think it's a 2013 model i30 sedan...

Here's a picture for your reference:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/2013_Hyundai_i30_

I ask this question because my friend i think accidently scraped the front (under) of the car whilst she was going into a parking spot onto one of those parking lot log things in the space (if you get what i mean). The front undertray or undercover has appeared to have fallen off and im just wondering how to put it back on. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
@james3491 That link doesn't work.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Image fixed.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline james3491

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Thank you admin!

Btw, i have the pictures of the actual damage/image of where it appears to have fallen off: I think the image shows the left bottom corner side of the front bumper.

How would i put this back-on ? What tools are needed ? Is it just a bolt that holds it in ?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:03:08 by james3491 »
  • Hyundai i30

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Sorry - I won't be able to help on giving advice on what it is and how to fix it.. don't have access to a GD here that I can look at.

Though I do realise the image itself is taken in rather contrasting lighting with detail desired being in shadow causing the image to look washed out and, combined with compression (to get it of reasonable viewable size in the filesize limit), that hasn't helped with the sharpness of details - you can attach (well link to actually) much bigger (both viewable size and file size) images by using something such as: Imgur, Photobucket, etc. - if you desire... there are some guides here :link: FORUM INFORMATION

Hopefully someone will happen along soon who can ID what it is and provide advice.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If the part is not broken, it is held with plastic inserts that tighten with the insertion of a middle piece that looks like a screw, but isn't. Suggest you go to Hy, I think they are a common replacement part. You could also try an auto shop as well.

On my car, I have removed that section to replace a blown Fog lamp (FD) model though.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
As good as I can see when trying to look under mine, their is one hex head bolt that goes into the tubbed section of that cover and one push in plastic screw.

The hex bolt should still be there I would think so you might be able to use a large washer to cover the hole made from when the cover was ripped off, Hyundai will be able to give you some replacement push screws...you may find there could be several push screws around the vehicle that need replacing some extras always come in handy.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
In the FD there are several metal screws within the  wheel arch and the rest are little plastic screws...

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal