i30 Owners Club

Turbo charge either a 2.0litre petrol or 1.6/4 litre petrol.

awj2005 · 32 · 11960

Offline snakoil

• 2nd Gear
for those still wanting to boost up their i30 I might have a suggestion that makes the deal a bit more feasable.
I'm actually using this solution for my project car(Porsche 924)

1. using a supercharger avoids the need for custom exhaust manifold
2. If you don't need AC or power steering you can use that location and belt to run the supercharger
3. To avoid oil feeding issue use a self oiled unit like the Toyota SC12(MR2 SC and Levin SC)
4. To avoid exploding your engine, run rich rather than trying to be too lean
5. Most engines can take about 6-7PSI of boost(depending on turbine output) with stock internals

Of course you will need an FPR(fuel pressure regulator), intercooling the SC might help prevent detonation with hot air coming in and make it safer.

So far you can usually get the supercharger for 200$ a piece, FPR would run you 100$
The good thing is that once you got your part list complete, this setup is usually pretty universal (aside for custom bracketing) and can be used on other small 4cyl engines

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

• MY2011 Elantra Touring, Automatic. Ottawa, Ont. CA
I am surprised at how little Super Chargers get mentioned when it comes to forced induction, its like it get overlooked every time. Personally, I would take the easiest/cheapest route since they both can get pretty good results. I don't even get to use all of the power anyways. 

Most awesome thing to do would be to use Super Chargers AND turbo in a single car, like those rally cars that they stopped doing.
  • Elantra Touring GL, Automatic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal