i30 Owners Club

window scratched

Offline mirispan

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
Hello everyone! I currently own a i30 CRDI 2013' and i'm having a bit of a problem.. 2 windows got scratched when i was lowering them.. I realised that tiny rocks got stuck in the rubbers outside, and when i lowered the windows, these rocks created a large lined scratch to them.. The thing is that every now and then i clean very good the car so the rubbers get clean.. I asked around and nobody knew what was the problem... Now i am scared to lower the windows when the car isn't clean.. Does everyone know something? Any advice? Can i fix the windows? What should i do with the rubber? Can i clean them well enough?
  • I30 CRDI 2013'

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome.

That seems odd. As I've mentioned on here many times, I've had over 30 cars including 4 Hyundai i30's (7 Hyundai's in total) and never had this problem. 

The window rubbers in every car I've had have been essentially the same so I wouldn't think Hyundais would be any more or any less prone to this issue than any other brand.

All I can think is that you park somewhere where there is a lot of wind and fine loose gravel. If that is the case I would be getting in the habit of regularly flushing the window chanels with a bucket of water or a hose with a jet on it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
.... i am scared to lower the windows .... Does everyone know something? .

Stay away from the small Greek rocks

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal