i30 Owners Club

Issues with the USB socket

marabak · 14 · 3325

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Hi guys

Newbie here, just literally bought a 58 plate i30 SE and drove it home. I am having issues with the USB socket also (I haven't tried the aux yet), where the connection appears to be very temperamental and connecting/disconnecting constantly. I've had a go at removing the unit but I can't quite seem to do it. I was wondering how this is done (without me damaging my lovely shiny new car :D)

Thanks

Mark

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi guys

Newbie here, just literally bought a 58 plate i30 SE and drove it home. I am having issues with the USB socket also (I haven't tried the aux yet), where the connection appears to be very temperamental and connecting/disconnecting constantly. I've had a go at removing the unit but I can't quite seem to do it. I was wondering how this is done (without me damaging my lovely shiny new car :D)

Thanks

Mark

I think the USB port is a bit fussy have you tried a different USB device ??? 

:wttc:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome marabak and congrats, just take it back to your dealer when convenient, after trying a few other usb devices...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I think the USB port is a bit fussy have you tried a different USB device ??? 

:wttc:

I don't have anything else suitable at the moment, but I did order a USB stick from Amazon last night which is my intended use eventually. I was using my phone at the time though, with the same USB cable that I use for charging and/or connecting to my laptop and there isn't an issue there.

Welcome marabak and congrats, just take it back to your dealer when convenient, after trying a few other usb devices...

Thank you :D Unfortunately, my dealer is around an 80 mile round trip. If push comes to shove (i.e. it is expensive and/or I discover something else in the meantime), I will take it back. But if it is something that I can fix myself relatively quickly and cheaply, I hope to save myself the petrol and time.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Make sure that the usb stick is correctly formatted to FAT32 ( don't use usb3 drives ) and only put compatible songs on the stick otherwise the player will continually crash.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Oh I see, hopefully we can sort you out then.. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Make sure that the usb stick is correctly formatted to FAT32 ( don't use usb3 drives ) and only put compatible songs on the stick otherwise the player will continually crash.

Thank you Craig. I was trying with my phone, which I am not sure what the file format is but I doubt it is FAT32. My new USB stick arrived today (One Day shipping FTW), so I'll format it later this evening and give it a go :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Unfortunately, my dealer is around an 80 mile round trip.

You can use any Dealer or authorised service centre for warranty work.

:link: Hyundai |Dealer Locator | Find the Nearest Hyundai Dealers

Johnsons, Rimrose Road, Bootle

Or depending on where you live there are:

Southport,
Warrington

Wirral:
Eastham
Cheshire Oaks

Given them a ring and explain and see what they say..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Hi guys

Thank you for the help, apologies for disappearing over the weekend.

I formatted a 64GB USB stick and dumped some music on it, and it is working fine. So I am guessing it is an issue with the phone's format or something. I'll just buy a cigarette lighter charger to charge my phone now (using it as a Sat Nav drains the battery something silly).

That's providing I don't keep leaving the boot slightly ajar, leaving the boot light on for 36 hours or so and draining my battery completely :( Not that I am speaking from personal experience or anything  :whistler:

Thanks

Mark

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Unfortunately, my dealer is around an 80 mile round trip.

You can use any Dealer or authorised service centre for warranty work.

:link: Hyundai |Dealer Locator | Find the Nearest Hyundai Dealers

Johnsons, Rimrose Road, Bootle

Or depending on where you live there are:

Southport,
Warrington

Wirral:
Eastham
Cheshire Oaks

Given them a ring and explain and see what they say..

Hi Aquablue, thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I bought the car from The Car People in Manchester, which is more of a car-supermarket than a Hyundai dealer. I'll definitely keep this in mind though for when the car is out of the 90 day warranty and I need something fixing.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What is a 58 Plate :confused: only second hand cars under 2 or 3 thousand $ have 90 day warranties here in Australia.

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
58 in the UK indicates that the car was registered in the second half of 2008 (September to be precise). The car was £5K, which judging from other similar cars around with similar ages and mileage seemed a reasonable deal, although I don't know how that translates into Australian dollars.

The manufacture's warranty has obviously expired, but this 90 day one is provided by the place I bought the car from. This is my first car, admittedly, but I think this is pretty standard in the UK (unless you pay extra for the 1, 2 and 3 year warranties on offer)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal