i30 Owners Club

Foot well heater - passenger side?

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hello all.
Thought I would post a question re the heater in the i30 SLX
When were out driving in our Sept 08 CRDI i30 SLX and have the heater set to feet area. The drivers side has worm air but the passenger side is cool and almost cold.
It does this when the heater is on auto or manual. The AC can be on or off the same problem happens.
If I turn the temp up to say 25 the air coming out the foot vent on the passenger side is much cooler than that on the drivers side.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does your missus complain about cold feet all the time? :'(

The air coming out the face vents and the windscreen vents is worm when the heater is set to use those vents.
if you have not experienced this issue, when next driving, can you just set the vent to be on the feet and try it out..
Im hoping this is just a small issue with my heater and not a design issue..

Regards
Brendan
Happy i30 driver with 18,000km on the clock.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
No such problem here B

I just went out and tried it (still blowing hot after a 42 mile trip to work). I don't normally carry passengers which is why I had to try it myself.

Something for the service chaps to look at maybe...?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Not noticed any problem with mine but then again my missus is always cold, so I wouldn't spot the difference :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Hi bdennis, it's certainly not a design feature. The ducting is electronically controlled and has little electronic servos that channel the air according to the system's control unit. It sounds to me more like you either have a lazy servo or something jamming it's operation. It's amazing how often HVAC problems are because there is something stuck in a duct. We had a Getz that siezed it's heater fan, and when we pulled the fan out a shredded sanding disc fell out of the heater box. Also found a rodent nest when we went to change a pollen filter once!  :lol:

I strongly doubt your issue is anything like that, but it's well worth raising with your dealership. You can't go upsetting the missus now can you?  :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I had a few issues with a cold missus when we first got our i30 but think that was before we mastered the auto setting now always on auto just adjust the temperature up and down between 21 and 26 depending on the time of day and the weather.. (and my missus nows how to complain...) :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Check the tube is set in the housing correctly

or wear an extra pair of socks   :lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal