i30 Owners Club

A to be owner soonish!

Bighvm · 39 · 7209

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That would depend on whether or not there was any endorsement on their licence which said they did their test on an auto. If it doesn't, i can't see how any other state would know.
If they were pulled over for a license check or speeding then the license would be queried through the usual system check which would notify of class or restrictions I would think :undecided:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
That would depend on whether or not there was any endorsement on their licence which said they did their test on an auto. If it doesn't, i can't see how any other state would know.
If they were pulled over for a license check or speeding then the license would be queried through the usual system check which would notify of class or restrictions I would think :undecided:
But, if SA doesn't differentiate then there wouldn't be any records to check.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
But, if SA doesn't differentiate then there wouldn't be any records to check.
:Dunno:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Its a puzzle all right.
Just been having a browse through the SA licensing pages and can't find any reference to auto or manual. Not to say its not there, just not obvious.
I'm out.  :fum:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Reading re preference for auto, is it the same in oz that if you pass test in auto you can only drive auto but pass in manual you can drive both?
Yes, it's the same here Lester.

Well, that depends on the state you live in. In SA, once you have your licence, you can drive both an auto or a manual.

Bob
Is the auto test easier to pass!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
Only in that they don't have to learn how to use a clutch and change gears.
The test itself is the same.
But it's the integration of gear changing into all the other driving requirements which add a degree of difficulty.
I must be missing something here in that, to me, listening to the engine noise and using manual gears contributes to safer driving in as much that you have to concentrate.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Reading re preference for auto, is it the same in oz that if you pass test in auto you can only drive auto but pass in manual you can drive both?

Well, that depends on the state you live in. In SA, once you have your licence, you can drive both an auto or a manual.

Bob

But it's the integration of gear changing into all the other driving requirements which add a degree of difficulty.
I must be missing something here in that, to me, listening to the engine noise and using manual gears contributes to safer driving in as much that you have to concentrate.

That's quite true.
But we are talking about learner drivers here.
Didn't we already establish that the UK is the same as most of Australia in that if you do your test in an auto, you can't drive a manual?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Its a puzzle all right.
Just been having a browse through the SA licensing pages and can't find any reference to auto or manual. Not to say its not there, just not obvious.
I'm out.  :fum:
Second last paragraph :link: My Licence - Frequently asked questions though no mention how it applies in other states.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Bob

That's quite true.
But we are talking about learner drivers here.
Didn't we already establish that the UK is the same as most of Australia in that if you do your test in an auto, you can't drive a manual?
Yes.

Also, if you have auto licence and wish to drive manual, you have to take and pass test in manual no matter how long you have held full auto licence.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Again so  many different regs, have relo's in ACT.
ACT L plate 100km/hr speed limit,  NSW 80km/h.
ACT can do 100 in NSW, but NSW must only do 80km /h in ACT.
ACT P plate can do  6 hr course in a room, pay $150:00 then does not need to display P plate and gets extra points on license and can do 110km/h on freeway. No such option for NSW.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal