i30 Owners Club

Sat Nav on touchscreen from phone

Offline carrotmuseum

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire
Is it possible to plug in a mobile phone into the info screen of a non sat nav model (i30 SE), so that I can use sat nav/googel maps from the phone?
  • i30

Offline Bryanny54

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Northern Beaches, Sydney
As I understand it a iPhone and presumably iPad will give you Nav/sat and will your data, handy but not ideal. The SR and Premium model has the full ST/Nav.
  • i30 crdi my16

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Is it possible to plug in a mobile phone into the info screen of a non sat nav model (i30 SE), so that I can use sat nav/googel maps from the phone?
They have only just added this function to the latest Elanta. I don't think any i30 models have it yet.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Nope... The i30 Active and ActiveX has app connect... Buy anything higher up and your lumped with the crappy Nav from Korea

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Correct.

I still don't understand why a highger model has a crappier entertainment system. I can only think Hyundai saves money on higher models that will be sold for the other features while cheaper models will be more attractive because of its infotainment system.

Nope... The i30 Active and ActiveX has app connect... Buy anything higher up and your lumped with the crappy Nav from Korea

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Elite Tourer (Wagon), Diesel 1.6lt, 7DP Dual Clutch Auto, Red.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal