i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth question again

Offline bfc_xxx

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
Is it possible to buy somehow the audio unit that exist in i30 Trophy edition that has integrated bluetooth and install it on an i30 without bluetooth?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Should be available via a dealer but would be expensive.. Better to buy a bluetooth module that clips on the sunvisor (regularly sell in OZ for around $40) or buy a GPS with integrated bluetooth and get the benefit of having a GPS as well which gives you a heads up speedo as well as directions... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline snakoil

• 2nd Gear
Over here the bluetouth comes from the factory in the roof glasses compartment. It actually replaces the spot and is not connected to the radio .  This might be easier to install while retaining oem look and feel
You could probably find one from a crashed i30 for quite cheap

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
If you look on ebay there are some "genuine" bluetooth kits that might help you out?

Offline bfc_xxx

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
I wanted a clean solution. No extra screens and cables on my dash and I wanted to be able to make a conversation through my audio system speakers.

I can't believe hyundai haven't released a serious solution for this (except the trophy models).  :fum: :fum: :fum:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I wanted a clean solution. No extra screens and cables on my dash and I wanted to be able to make a conversation through my audio system speakers.

I can't believe hyundai haven't released a serious solution for this (except the trophy models).  :fum: :fum: :fum:

In Oz, bluetooth is standard on all models, not just the Trophy....

Offline jabber

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Blacktown, NSW
how much were you planning to spend? you can try shopping on ebay ... there are a few sellers who have audio units to suit i30s. some of these units come with a 7" touchscreen that can play DVDs and also function as a reverse camera monitor.

Offline bfc_xxx

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
how much were you planning to spend? you can try shopping on ebay ... there are a few sellers who have audio units to suit i30s. some of these units come with a 7" touchscreen that can play DVDs and also function as a reverse camera monitor.

I've seen them. Actually my father has installed one of those units in his car. He has a Toyota Rav4 but that unit when boots it has the Hyundai logo. They are low quality units and they remind me china cloned phones.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal