i30 Owners Club

Lights wiring - indicator stalk (coming home lights)

oxyde · 11 · 5918

Offline oxyde

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia
Hello,

I would like to make homemade coming/leaving home lights (I would use fog lights).
I planned to use 5-pin relays, I do have some schematics how to do it. My problem now is with factory wiring.

To do it, I would need to connect to wiring of existing indicator stalk for lights. I tried to find some wiring diagrams, but it seems impossible.

Does anyone have some electric wiring diagrams which could maybe help with installation?
Or some source where I could find it?

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Oxyde..Can't help with your question but the idea has been played with by several members so sure someone can...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
"New" - facelifted i30's that are being sold over here, have follow-me home function installed - the lights stay on for 30 sec after leaving the car and then they go out. Maybe you could check with the dealer if they could install it..

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
dont the park lights stay on untill you lock the car...

i think the headlights stay on untill you remove the key, then the park lights stay on... untill you lock the car...

i cant remember, as i have a turbo timer fitted and you have to turn the lights off manually or they (park lights) stay on untill you open and close the door again... then lock it

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
have follow-me home function installed - the lights stay on for 30 sec after leaving the car and then they go out.

My inside lights stay on for 30 odd seconds but the front/rear go off when I close the door
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline oxyde

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia
Hi,

Yes, I saw some ideas, member Yosoypepo tried to make it with relays, I saw it on one webpage.
I have attached one schematic, it's on Spanish, but it was easy to translate it to English.

Problem here is that wires should be laid from interior light all the way to fog lights, to make additional power supply for fog lights.
Good thing is that it's connected to ignition key, so fog lights wouldn't light when ignition is on, and doors are open (interior light is also on with open doors).

I also saw some additional modules, with extra remote control, but that's too much, I don't need this function so much to have one extra remote controler on my key chain  8)

I have an "old" model od i30, so there is probably no option for software modification. Also, as it would probably fork with low beam lights, and I plan to install HID, it wouldn't be a good option to turn them on so many times, without car running.

I would like to make it only by attaching to wires under the wheel, using some relays. It would be easiest way, and maybe the most practical way.

Offline clackerz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Drivin' round Melbournes SE 'burbs in a Black SLX
dont the park lights stay on untill you lock the car...

i think the headlights stay on untill you remove the key, then the park lights stay on... untill you lock the car...

i cant remember, as i have a turbo timer fitted and you have to turn the lights off manually or they (park lights) stay on untill you open and close the door again... then lock it

Yeah the parkers and fogs (if turned on) stay on until the car is locked - however (without checking the manual) I'm not sure on how long they stay on like that.
Something tells me that after a certain time the lights would switch off.......

Offline oxyde

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia
So, to make everything simple, does anyone know is there on web (or someone has it) diagram of electric wiring ?
Thanks  :rolleyes:

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
LOL today i found out that the park lights stay on for a long time.... like untill you come back to the car and turn them off....

so really if the park lights stay on there is no need to have follow me home lights just lock the car with the remote around the corner....

Offline oxyde

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
      Croatia
Yes, I fully agree with you. They are on, only, they have small intensity.

But, function I'm more interested in, which comes with coming/leaving home is leaving home  :mrgreen:
I'm maybe starting to complicate...  :idea:

When I unlock the car, I would like to have the fog lights on. This is something that manufacturer charges additionally, which we all would like to skip  :D

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal