my ride

bobbyd · 49 · 13783

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
not bad! not bad at all my friend!

how many watts RMS can these amps push out?

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I need 3 amps to complete the system

pdx-f6 to run the front speakers @ 150 watts rms each
another f6 to run rears and centre speaker, same power output.
pdx-m12 to run sub @ 1200 watts rms which is way over what i need but better to have amplifier head room.  That way can keep all the gains down and get a cleaner sound. My sub needs 600 watts rms to run to its full potential.

Will end up with a couple free amp channels and later down the track may put some small 5 inch subs up front in the passenger footwell area.  But still saving and determining end budget at the moment.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
1200W rms sub amp... WOAH

i mean i have a kicker 400w RMS amp with a kicker comp sub and that goes spastic... i would hate to see how 1200W goes off!!

*watches bobbyd vibrate past because of the bass*

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Ha, I'm not actually a doof doof man, more into sound quality- but the sub (Boston 12.5lf) is made to go in a small enclosure, and play accurately right down to below 20hz, has a cone stiff enough you can stand on it- subsequently it needs massive power to drive it, recommended 600-1000 watts rms.  And with that sort of low frequency i will end up chasing lots of body rattles no doubt.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ohh heck yer, you will be there with the stick on foam rubber putting patches everywhere!

i like my sound quality, but wow, not as extreme as you!!

sounds like you are going to have a bloody awesome system! good stuff man! nothing better than traveling and having a good stereo to make the trip a bit easier!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my younger brother has a nice set up in an old falcon [eb] and he said its cost him almost $6000 to buy in the last year or so. he even has an extra battery in the boot. he has trophies from sound off competitions. my eldest son was sitting in my brothers car and cranked up the volume,his long hair was moving like there was a fan in the car . now that's doof doof.  :lol: :lol: :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Daken76

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany, Franken

• My other Ride is a GT650
Looks Good that Car.

Hope to see the next level. :wink:
  • 2008er 2.0 crdi cw white leather clima 18"DBVs tint windows ms design

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
hahahaha 2i30's thats spastic!!! i love it!!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
his car has a false floor made out of ply wood to hide the massive amount of wires hes put in. the boot is just amps and subs,no back seat either.its a speaker panel.   :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
my last car was pretty full of gear, a VS Berlina.  I originally planned a small system for this car but its growing and I'll probably end up building a small false floor in the boot to hide wiring and the amps, also have a 10 farad capacitor to go in plus the 5.1 processor.  But i think it will still be a good usable hatch area as the amps are so much smaller now.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti

...cranked up the volume,his long hair was moving like there was a fan in the car

:lol: :lol:
very descriptive

• 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Well I'm feeling very proud- i managed to score an Alpine F1 status pxa-h900 processor (Well its coming from Asia)

This processor is awesome- cost an arm and a leg when it was new. 31 band eq per channel, can run 3 speakers up front, has automated time alignment and eq adjustment via the microphone so you can get the best possible sound without too much hassle.

Also scored the 3 amps from USA saving me about $1k.  Just a waiting game now til they arrive !!

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
SOUNDS good  8)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
my mom and dad had a stereo where you put a mic on the drivers seat head rest, then set it up to run, closed the door, waited 30 seconds, then it did some stuff and "set up the stereo"

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
my mom and dad had a stereo where you put a mic on the drivers seat head rest, then set it up to run, closed the door, waited 30 seconds, then it did some stuff and "set up the stereo"
Thats part of what this processor does- its automated for time delay (so all the speakers sound reaches you at a time that tricks your brain into thinking you are sitting exactly in the middle of left and right speakers) and for equaliser (so that the music sounds exactly the way the recording was meant to- regardless of car acoustics, speaker angles, speaker flaws etc, well to a point anyway)  Hook this baby up to some good speakers (i.e. french made focals) and its as good as it gets.  Lots of work ahead of me, once its under way I'll take plenty of photos. 

But for now i await 3 amps and a processor from overseas.  Buy the head unit and front speakers next month probably. I already have rear and centre speakers.

Offline duke

• 2nd Gear
Bobbyd  need to know in your bulk pack how much in sq. foot . I think I need about 45 sq. foot . they sell bulk packs at 36 sq, foot . not figureing over lap how much should i buy ?  thx  duke

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
well very impressed, you did a great job pulling it all to bits and laying on the dynamat, $400 is a bit rich for my blood ( well not mine actually, but the missus can't understand why this seems necessary), although I think just doing the rear hatch area would make a big difference, --10/10
Had a look at Bunnings and they have rolls of roofing type material that looks the same as Dynamat-it is 144mm wide and 10 metres long and costs about $68, problem may be that it might smell when the floor heats up, probably may work out the same price anyway.

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Yes women have different priorities in life- then they tell you how important jewellery is !!!

I dont think the floor will get that hot, give it a try, something is better than nothing.  Whats the stuff called ?

Offline Queen C

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I'm not generally a white car fan *hides* lol. But I just wanted to say that your car has changed my mind! It looks amazing, I love how dark the tint looks against the white and good choice of wheels!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal