i30 Owners Club

ESP

Dave · 9 · 4206

Offline Dave

• 2nd Gear
The current wave of TV advertising ie Hyundais swerving itself to miss a collision, would have you beleiving  that all new Hyundais come with ESP, or so it seems.  Hyundai is so GENEROUS?      BUT when signing up for my i30 SLX, I asked  about my expected forthcoming ESP!
        NO I did not get ESP because I had not read the small print, which in effect states that ESP is available acrooss the models.   That is the catch AVAILABLE if you pay on such models as SLX, but it is standard only on the pricy SR top of the line i30.
    So I came away with a fine little car, but with no ESP and only one security key.

Such is life in this cruel world   Regards from Dave   ravencl@tadaust.org.au   Come on Hyundai be generous!    :roll:

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
The TV ads says ESP on selected cars across the Hyundai range.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
ESP fitted as standard on ALL UK i30's.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dave,

Did you see my latest post also under problems & issues Re: your key issue?

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "eye30"
ESP fitted as standard on ALL UK i30's.
Maybe they think we need it as we're all sh*te drivers  :lol:

I'm not tho.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline echocae

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
To be honest.. ESP is not really2 necessary.. (or may be because i'm young n like sliding on rain). and also traction control is pointless for 85kw CRDI -.-

but about the advert.. i always saw ESP only available standard on selected model only.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi guys,

Hyundai are advetising that ESP is offered FREE for a limited time on selected models. Not standard. As of the 1st July, ESP will cost extra. The models that get free ESP are Getz, Tucson and Elantra. Santa fe now comes standard with ESP while the rest of the Hyundai range, I30 included, offer ESP as a option.
I think it would be unfair to criticise hyundai for not making ESP standard on all models as they need to be competative on price. At least it is offered as an option, many brands dont offer it at all!

ouri30
Hyundai have made it known openly that they would like authorities to make it maditory for ESP to be fitted to all new vehicles sold in Australia.  They would love to have it included as standard on all the vehicles they sell.  But, to make it a level playing field, all manufactures would need to have it as a stamdard feature and include it in the pricing, otherwise Hyundai and other manufactureers would be a a price disadvantage.

That is the way I see it.

Bob

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Well put Bob,

Its hard enough now for Hyundai to sell at the price they do when there is still a perception within a large section of the market that their cars are inferior, so should sell cheaper. We all know here that this is crap but there is still that way of thought among many consumers. Hyundai products are not always the cheapest anymore. They still offer great value for money, but a lot of buyers only look at the bottom line. So Esp for now at least, will have to remain an Extra :(

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal