i30 Owners Club

LED side mirror conversion

eyecon · 6 · 2473

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I put up a short video of my LED side mirror conversion if anyone is interested in seeing it. See the link below. The conversion was done about 2 months ago

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
worthy of any professional job.

Well done eyecon
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
Hey eyecon the mod looks g8t.

Did you have to add any of the wiring or was it already there? The wagon has them fitted in Oz possibly the wiring looms to the mirrors are shared between the hatch and wagon??? who did you get the mirrors from??? and were they colour coded???
  • 2011 SLX CRDi Sleek Silver

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hey Dogga,
The wiring was already attached to the LEDs and ready to connect. You make a valid point about the existing wiring loom because there are some empty slots in the connector that could possibly be for CW side mirror connection. In my case I tapped in from the original indicators. I had it done so that both sets of indicators light up, but in recent times I took the globes out of the original indicators to stop them from lighting up.

The casings originally arrived already painted in same colour as my previous i30 (steel grey). So when I ordered my new white one I had it painted white. So in other words you can specify what colour you want from the supplier.

I ordered my LED casings from Hi-Motors; use this link if you want:

http://hi-motors.com/

When ever I want something I go to these guys first. The products they have are about half the price than other websites like Shark racing, whom I have also dealt with (LED lights, etc). But I can't remember the exact price. I think it costed about US$60, so whatever the current conversion rate is. But you will need to include shipping cost, and I think from memory it costed about $90.

If you are interested in buying from then let me know because I'm interested in picking up some LED Door scuffs. That way we can halve the shipping cost between us, provide you live in Australia of course.

Offline Dogga

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia

• I'm Free..........
great info eyecon,
I have been looking at all sorts of web sites for mods etc and have ordered Mudflaps and an iPod cable so far. I don't think Hi-Motors have even come up in my searches, they have a g8t site & I think these mirrors look the best out of all I have seen.

I assume that the heating function is not lost?? I will run a meter over the cables running to the mirrors to find if one happens to be an indicator loop.

If i can talk the boss(wife) into them maybe play the: it would make driving in busy areas safer. I will take you up on splitting the del costs. I'm based in Outer East Melbourne. :)
  • 2011 SLX CRDi Sleek Silver

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I'm actually heading to Melbourne (Geelong to be exact) for the October long weekend If that helps in your timing of things.
So that you are clear at what you are getting: it is only the outer plastic casing with the LEDs grafted in that you get. You use the existing motor and mirror, so the heater element of the mirror remains the same. There are separate posts elsewhere on this site that explains how to remove the outer casing. I helped Paolo5 on that one too, which is the post that you will probably find. In any case I could walk you through that if you still need help.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal