i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 GD 2012 Led's Daytime Running Lights

Offline SepulRise

• 1st Gear
Hi, i'm new here in the forum :)

I have a Hyundai i30 GD of 2012, source have installed Led's Daytime Running Lights. By connecting the minimum lights or average lights the Daytime Led's switch off.

It's possible the Led's Daytime Running always on, by having turn on minimum lights or average lights?

Thanks and regards from Portugal :D

• Hyundai i30 GD 1.4crdi 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's why they're called DRL's (day time running lights)...when you turn on the other lights at night time the day time will switch off :)

My DRL's still stay on with the park lights but I think they would be a distraction to other drivers if left on permanently in the dark hours, laws in your location may restrict this as well :undecided:

Offline SepulRise

• 1st Gear
Yes i know  :P

But it's possible to put DRL's always on like another car brand's like renault megane for example?
  • Hyundai i30 GD 1.4crdi 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Anything is possible, best to talk to an auto electrician for your options.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi SepulRise

:wttc:

Not sure, but I think on other brands when turning on main beams the DRL's will reduce brightness. Might not be easy, but as Craig says, anything is possible... :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline wbm00

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West Midlands, UK
The DRLs are far too bright to be used at night whereas some vehicles' DRLs are dimmer and hence remain on at night.

There was an update to the i30 GD sometime in 2013 (this info came from a technician at a UK dealership) which meant the DRLs remained on with the park/side lights and only switched off when the main headlights were switched on. You *may* be able to ask a dealership to apply that update if that is possible.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

Offline SepulRise

• 1st Gear

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal