i30 Owners Club

Can't control right side passenger windows

Offline xjimdim

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Thessaloniki
Hey guys!

So all my windows work fine from their individual switches, but for some reason i cannot fully control the right side windows from the drivers master switches.
Actually I can get one of them up, and the other one down but not both ways.

Any ideas?

(model is: i30cw 2008)
  • 2008 1.4 Gasoline

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hey guys!

So all my windows work fine from their individual switches, but for some reason i cannot fully control the right side windows from the drivers master switches.
Actually I can get one of them up, and the other one down but not both ways.

Any ideas?

(model is: i30cw 2008)
The switch contacts are not fantastic in these. You could try repeatedly operating the switch in the direction it does not work and hope the contacts clean up and it starts to work. I've had to do that on the individual door switches for my rears as they rarely get operated.

Failing that, you're up for a new master switch block
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline xjimdim

• 1st Gear

• gr Greece
      Thessaloniki
Truth be said,  if i try 20 times to get it to work maybe one of them it will.

Can i clean them manually somehow?? or i just need a replacement?
  • 2008 1.4 Gasoline

Offline HAPPY FESTIVUS

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I don't know if you can pull them apart to clean on that model, but most electronic contacts build up with dust and fluff over time. If you can pull them apart, give them a blow with compressed air then use this :link: SCA Contact and Circuit Board Cleaner - 350g | Supercheap Auto

If you can't pull them apart, just try spraying contact cleaner down the side of the switches and hope for the best.
  • i30 Diesel Wagon or i40 Premium Diesel Wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I don't know if you can pull them apart to clean on that model, but most electronic contacts build up with dust and fluff over time. If you can pull them apart, give them a blow with compressed air then use this :link: SCA Contact and Circuit Board Cleaner - 350g | Supercheap Auto

If you can't pull them apart, just try spraying contact cleaner down the side of the switches and hope for the best.
They're not too hard to disassemble to board level, likely best bet if you want to get to the contacts with cleaner
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hey guys!

So [A]ll my windows work fine from their individual switches, but for some reason i cannot fully control the right side windows from the drivers master switches.

Have had this on several FDs.  WD40 may work; but, it usually came down to electronic component failure (diodes) in the driver master bank.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal