i30 Owners Club

Satnav

Dave86 · 20 · 5109

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Hiya! New member here with a 2011 low mileage i30. Can anyone from the UK recommend me an aftermarket satnav double din with the correct manual fascia? Do I need anything else like an ISO adapter?

I've been looking at this unit:

:link: HYUNDAI i30 Facelift Manuelle-Klima Autoradio Navigation GPS DVD MP3 USB SD DVBT | eBay

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Dave, I can't really help but do some searching and browsing until someone pops up with some links... Several have done it on here.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Unfortunately quite a few of the links are expired......I went through the 5 pages of search just now. That appears to be the only unit retail in Europe that I can find at the moment.
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Unfortunately quite a few of the links are expired......I went through the 5 pages of search just now. That appears to be the only unit retail in Europe that I can find at the moment.

Oh bugger.. Hopefully someone who has done the deed will see this. Things are a bit quiet on here at this time of the year.

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
A bit of research lend me to believe this headunit is called an S100.....it appears to come with the fascia too.

I read somewhere on thread that Chinese double din units are actually a different size to everywhere else? Am i going to need to change anything? Also, do i need an aerial adapted and iso harness?
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Hi Dave, looking at the ebay page it says it's plug and play so I would think everything comes with it power and canbus

*** Optional Equipment
◾Reversing camera ***
◾WIFI W-Lan Internet Modem***
◾Black-Box - Auto DVR (Video-Recorder Camera)***
◾HD Digital TV Tuner DVBT MPEG4 ***
◾HD ISDBT (South America) TV Tuner ***
◾Stauumfahrung-TMC antenna ***

best bet is to contact seller or direct to the manufacturer ... Looks like its got good spec's

1x Navigation System
 1x Power Cable + Canbus
 1x Remote
 1x GPS Maps
 1x GPS/Radio Antenna
 1x USB/iPod Cable
 1x Ext. Mic
 1x Handbook
Invoice + Warranty
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 22:32:39 by Johnno »
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Thanks Jonno, its been a long time since i installed a stereo in a car, just wanted confirmation that it should be everything needed. When it arrives i'll stick some photos of the installation up for anyone else thats interested :)
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Not to sure about the iso adapter, unless that's the canbus adapter what they mention?

I can't find any fitting instruction's for it

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Found this on you tube for a Kia which I would think will be very similar to the i30, shows he's using his steering wheel controls

:link: Montá? GPS navigace do Kia Sorento 2013 model TID-C224-S100, LCD hlavové op?rky - YouTube

here's a install but on a Mazda but will give you a idea how it fits

:link: S100 Mazda 3 Head unit Installation - YouTube
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 23:06:40 by Johnno »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice work Johnno  :goodjob:

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
After looking at the Kia demo, if my satnav ever buggered up i'll throw one of these in. It as a shed load of features more than what comes in the i30

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
So an update. I got the headunit and reverse camera today and got it all wored up. I was very impressed with the box, very professional. The fascia looked really good as well. Had alot of cables for every interface known to man.

It took about 3 hours to get everything installed and up and running. No cables visible anywhere, the reverse camera cable run under the carpet. Not too bad. Then i fitted the fascia. It looks really good, unfortunately it isnt very well built, it's ever so slightly out of shape and made fitting it a pig of a job. It's in now and the casual observer won't notice any issues.

Powered it up and i am astonished how well it performs. Sound is very good, and the features are brilliant. Android runs very smoothly and i was streaming bluetooth music in minutes. Satnav seems pretty good too, though i may swap it for sygic.  DVD playback is brilliant although it took a while to work out how to get it to play the video as well as the sound.  Call quality is nice and clear, and the connection to the internet seems to be rock solid. For £300 i am very impressed.
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Dave :goodjob2: .. any photos?

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Good work dave, did everything come in the kit what you needed as you weren't sure about the ISO adapter and getting to work with the steering wheel controls?

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Yep, everything in kit as needed! Steering wheel controls all work and can be adjusted in an app on the front screen for use which is good. I'll get some photos up tomorrow for you, suffice it to say installation was quite easy apart from the ill fitting fascia.
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Does the DVD/Tv cut out when the vehicle is moving?....Would be an issue over here if it doesn't....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Great mod if I store Firty while I'm overseas! :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Does the DVD/Tv cut out when the vehicle is moving?....Would be an issue over here if it doesn't....

In the settings there is an option that is named something really stupid that only lets you view when stationary with the handbrake on. Turn it off in settings and it allows video in motion.  I've been enjoying watching the reverse camera while driving, makes for quite an odd experience watching the floor going past!
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline AdyJ

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Runcorn, Cheshire
Would love to see some images of your installation. Currently looking at a few options for upgrading my standard PA710 based system.
  • 2010 i30CW

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal