i30 Owners Club

HID Adapter for GD i30

Offline maikulz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
I'm trying to install some aftermarket HID into a GD i30 but it seems like there is the need for an aftermarket adapter to secure the bulb in place. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Let's try to keep to this topic as I already know the implications with aftermarket HID application (plus it's legal to do it in NZ thanks to JDM import rules  :D)
  • GD3

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm trying to install some aftermarket HID into a GD i30 but it seems like there is the need for an aftermarket adapter to secure the bulb in place. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Let's try to keep to this topic as I already know the implications with aftermarket HID application (plus it's legal to do it in NZ thanks to JDM import rules  :D)
   :rofl: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Care to post up a pic?

My FD HID kit was plug and play, I got a bulb that matched the old halogen one and slotted it right in.

The only modification I had to do besides finding a secure location for the ballasts was cutting a hole in the big round access hole for the excess circuitry.

I'm not sure how the GD one would be but I can't see that you'd need an adapter if the bulb sizes are the same. :goodjob:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline maikulz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
Never mind, figured it out myself.

In the GD, the bulb is held by a twist socket rather than the pins. In order to fit the aftermarket bulb in you'll need a new holder which allows the wires to run through the back of the holder and into the ballast.

I got 4 on eBay

:link: 2X H7 Xenon HID Light Bulb Adapter Holder FOR Hyundai Azera Veloster Elantra | eBay
  • GD3

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal