i30 Owners Club

2015 i30 refresh

VaerO · 66 · 18678

Offline Tourer_Guy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, Australia

Although we may not be even getting the wagon any more in OZ  :Pout:

Really?  Bugger.  I'd buy another, and that's not something I'd say about most cars I've owned.  I'll have to hang on to mine for a while then.  I wonder what it will do to resale values?

It not official (Just something I read somewhere a month or two ago)

If it happens shouldn't effect resale values as small wagons are are fairly scarce on the 2nd hand market and quite versatile (as you and I know) :victory:

If true, it could actually improve our resale values.  I've been fortunate, in that the last few cars I've had have all had good resale values.

These days, though, relying on resale values is not a good strategy.  Cars just get cheaper and cheaper.
  • GD i30 Active Tourer CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Although we may not be even getting the wagon any more in OZ  :Pout:

Really?  Bugger.  I'd buy another, and that's not something I'd say about most cars I've owned.  I'll have to hang on to mine for a while then.  I wonder what it will do to resale values?

It not official (Just something I read somewhere a month or two ago)

If it happens shouldn't effect resale values as small wagons are are fairly scarce on the 2nd hand market and quite versatile (as you and I know) :victory:

If true, it could actually improve our resale values.  I've been fortunate, in that the last few cars I've had have all had good resale values.

These days, though, relying on resale values is not a good strategy.  Cars just get cheaper and cheaper.

Yes, unfortunately the market is really opening up in Australia. A lot of new cars including plug in hybrids and other models never before imported. A real buyers market (not good for selling used cars)  :Pout:

The i30 Diesel and CW/ Tourer seem to both hold their value well but you don't get much as a trade and I am over trying to sell fairly late model cars privately. I consider myself a good salesman, but people in Tassie are very gun shy of buying a car worth more than say 5K from a private seller. Rightly or wrongly they feel safer paying several thousand more for the same car from a Dealer..  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
This came through on Hyundai-forums newsletter (Elanta GT is what they call the i30 in USA and Canada too I think) gets the same motor as the Aussie only SR (2.0 GDi) Interesting they don't mention the 1.6 GDi Turbo?

:link: 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT Gets Mid-Cycle Update ยป AutoGuide.com News
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GaymerNZ

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Waikato
i'd be happy if they put the tail lights back like the FD's, up the sides of the windscreen.
We've got a few different year and model ranges at work and the older accents had the boring across the boot / trunk sort of lights and the FD's had the nicer styling with the lights up in the air.
I was down in the basement and saw the new accent parked next to the new i30 and its like they had swapped the badges the accent now has the cool lights while the i30 has the boring ones.
Granted the i30 is still the better of the two to drive but its lost its sparkle
  • 2009 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, Auto, Black. Japanese Import.

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer
Are you sure you got the right perscription?  :whistler:

The rear end of the new i30 is breathtakingly beautiful. I was behind an "old" i30 this morning and it just looked bland, uninspired and boring.

The "new" i30 GDI with the led lights (like mine) just pops, so much beter looking than anything VW, Ford, Renault or Opel have to offer in this segment.  :happydance:
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline SR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
I would agree, the LED rear lights on my SR look fantastic, like they're neons.
  • 2013 petrol SR 6 speed automatic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal