i30 Owners Club

1.6 crdi 1st service

Sean · 10 · 3966

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Got this car in June from Bristol St motors in Exeter, was led to believe that it's 1st service was 1 year or 10,000 miles. Well it was coming up to 10,000 miles at Xmas so I got it booked in for this morning 4/1/13.
At about 5pm this evening a girl from the dealership rang up to say they had done some research and the 1st service is 1 year or 20.000 miles, so she cancelled the service. I have searched the net to find out if she is correct or not, and the only mention of 20k interval is on this link http://www.goinstruct.co.uk/hyundai_i30_servicing.php?oo=41648126&askid=ce197b75-e6eb-45f8-acb3-20c9c28e6951-0-uk_gsb
Since Xmas I have kept mileage down so as not to go over the 10k, now I don't know where I stand. I wonder if any one knows the correct interval?

Pip
It will say definitively in the Service Book that came with the car.

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
I think I recall that my car (a 2011 model CRDi auto) had service interval of 12,500 for 1st year then 20,000 miles or 1 year thereafter, but cant be sure.  I also recall that some of the early 2011 models (like mine) has wrong initial interval published in the service book supplied.
If you want corroboration of what dealer has said then why not email Hyundai UK customer service?  I think email address is in one of the booklets (warranty maybe?).
Notwithstanding that, some would advocate changing the engine oil more frequently than @ 20,000 miles.
Ed

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Pip was correct about the service book, but I have taken Talking Hoarse's advise and emailed them in case of a typo in the service book. Thanks both of you :)

Pip
And if it is 20k then I'd be swapping the oil (if nothing else) at 10k.

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom

Pip
Pip would you say this was correct oil, Helix Ultra AG 5W-30 I got this from http://lubematch.shell.com/recommendations.php?vehicle=111618&site=58&region=274&language=5&brand=109
Pretty sure that is not the correct oil. That is a B5 oil.

I don't know exactly what the GD needs in the UK but I'm guessing it still needs to have a C3 oil of a 30 or 40 weight. Personally I'd avoid the thinner 30 oils. Anything B5 will be thin as it's an oil formulated for economy. C3 has less DPF clogging stuff in it and must be used for DPF fitted vehicles of which UK cars are.

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
Hi Sean

I have two 1.6CRDi's a 2010 and a 2011, the 2010 is 12,500mls or 1 year service intervals but the 2011 one is 20,000mls or 1 year, I paid £145 for my first service on the 2010 and £168 on the 2011. Both cars had the C3 oil put in them as the dealer prints the oil grade on the bill as Hyundai are very specific on quality of oil they require. Most dealers also offer service packs which you can buy 3 services for a good price?

i30Sean

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Hi I-30 Sean.

Thanks for your reply, I did pay for the 3 year servicing, but the girl that rang up and cancelled the service says she can see the payment, but an ex employee had failed to do the paper work but she will sort it out. So I am trying to keep calm, and will be paying them a visit to see what's what.

Pip
I have two 1.6CRDi's a 2010 and a 2011, the 2010 is 12,500mls or 1 year service intervals but the 2011 one is 20,000mls or 1 year...
Are these two cars the same? I wonder what is the motivation behind selecting these disparit intervals. I'd be asking is one too long or is the other too short? Surely they can't both be right. :confused:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal