i30 Owners Club

Vibration

mac2 · 7 · 2318

Offline mac2

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
I have a 2013 model 1.6 diesel i30 with 17,000 km on the clock. Recently a vibrating noise has developed on one of the interior panels when travelling on roads with a coarse surface dressing. It appears to be coming from underneath the steering column or between the steering and driver’s door. I have been unable to identify where the noise is coming from and any help would be greatly appreciated as it can be most annoying.
  • i30 1.6 diesel

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Have you noticed any difference in cold (eg very cold mornings) or warm weather?  It's not an easy task to find out where some of these sounds come from.  Have you been able to make the problem go away by applying hand pressure to certain parts where you think sound may emanating from?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
As your car is under warranty, have your dealer look for it. Sometimes the noise will go away if the trims are undone and checked, but that's best left to them.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc: :wts:

:argh: = what I think of rattles  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi mac2

:wttc:

As your car is that new, I would let the dealer sort it out. Those noises can be a pain in the behind to locate... :undecided:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.
Can't really help much except to say they can be deceiving and the glove box is renowned for having a rattle or two.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Indra W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      WA

• I 30 GD Automatic
My GD Elite has the same creaking sound when going over speed hump, and also when taking off or braking. It feels like someting that happens when the body flexes.

The dealership failed to rectify the problem and requested me to monitor it.  I have now been back to them to say that there was nothing to monitor as the problem is still there.  I have booked it in again for 23rd Oct. Let's see if they can make any progress.

I note the suggestion regarding Silicone, which I have thought of too. But where or at what points do you spray that without messing up other areas.

Has anyone successfully cured the creaking sounds by using Silicone Spray. If so please let me know how and where it was applied.

Thanks...........
  • Hyundai ! 30 GD Elite Automatic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal