Luxgen - Taiwan's first car brand

eye30 · 7 · 2665

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cars-motorbikes/2010/03/gadget-fan-then-your-lucks-in.html

According to Mr KC Hu, boss of Luxgen, the cars will take advantage of Taiwan's massive and expert IT industry.

They'll be packed with computer power and gadgets such as night vision, surveillance camera, lane departure warning and other such boffinery.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Pip
You know, I cringe when I read about how so many accidents of planes and cars etc are caused by CPU/wiring failures when these clever yet cheaper expedients replace mechanical structures that generally have a fail-safe function built-in by virtue of their physical strength. I'm waiting until the steering column is replaced by a wire from the steering pot to the servo on the rack. :eek:

In our recent time we have heard of runaway conditions caused by fly-by-wire accellerator failure and/or cruise control logic error with Toyota and Ford vehicles.

One of the "fixes" is to disable the "accellerator input" or fuel entry once the brake is applied so that brake input overrides fuel input. Sounds simple enough but apparently not "programmed in" for all cars.

This took me back to the discussion a while back where one or two members were less than impressed when juditious left foot braking in a legitimate attempt to "move the back out" while cornering also killed the engine. The full implications of this (not happening) escaped me at the time and I found myself agreeing that the design was broken because it didn't allow control of the car by admittedly advanced techniques.

I've since decided that this "safety" measure is a good one.

If what I've suggested is related to Toyota's problems then I suspect Toyota agree with me and other manufacturers need to take heed when letting their programmers loose. :D

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
If what I've suggested is related to Toyota's problems then I suspect Toyota agree with me and other manufacturers need to take heed when letting their programmers loose. :D

I believe the Toyota fix is not a patch to the software, it's a slip of metal inserted to stop the pedal sticking.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Back to the luxgen...That top grill bar and those lights look strangely familiar.. looks like they copied the i30 which copied the Honda civic... :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
you took the words rite out of my mouth dazz.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
you took the words rite out of my mouth dazz.  :lol:

It must have been while you were kissin' him :D :D

(Apologies to non Meatloaf fans :lol: :lol:)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
you took the words rite out of my mouth dazz.  :lol:

It must have been while you were kissin' him :D :D

Buhahahaha :lol: :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts