i30 Owners Club

30K Service in Brazil

Offline panoramix

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Curitiba
Dear friends,
Just starting in this world of i30 since I bought a CW automatic 2010/2011 model, with 29.800Km.
Dealing with local Hyundai service, I realized they donĀ“t really replace all the itens the users manual recommend, like transmission and brake fluids (every 30k, the manual says). In fact, here they told there is a "new release" from hyundai that instructs to replace transmission fluid only with 90k!......
So... who is right and who is wrong? What do you, from outside Brazil, feel and have practiced about these in 30K inspection?
By the way, I really love i30 and my family too.
Thanks in advance and best regards!
Yuri
Curitiba-PR-Brazil
  • i30 CW 2010

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Seja bem-vindo, Yuri.
I would ask them for the maintenance bulletins that proves they can do anything different from the manual. Are they stamping the logbook? Are you getting detailed service invoices with all that was done - and not done - clearly listed? Or are they just making savings for themselves at your car's expense?

Regardless of the answers and whatever our members tell you, I would at least insist on evidence from the maintainers that what they claim is true. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Hi Yuri,
    I am not familiar with Brazil's service schedule but can tell you that in Australia "normal condition servicing" has always had auto transmission fluid replaced at 90000km. Although if you can afford to do it i think a fluid change every 30000km would only be a good thing and keep your trans in good working order.

Included on the 30000km service for your vehicle would be Oil, Oil Filter, Brake Fluid, Air Filter and Fuel Filter if it's a Diesel.
      Of course this is Australian normal conditions servicing and is quite probably different to yours so take this as information only and do as Gonz said and have a good chat with your service provider.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline panoramix

• 1st Gear

• br Brazil
      Curitiba
Thank you guys for the quick answers!
I will do that way and ask the service provider for some "brazilian manufacturer recomendations" about the 30k inspection. Later i'll tell you the end of story.
Bye!

Yuri
  • i30 CW 2010

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal