i30 Owners Club

My car had its first service today

Offline gazzell

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Tidworth Wiltshire
Hi, I have not been on in a while. Car is going great, really happy with it. Anyway put my car in for it's first 10000 mile interim service today. I was told it did not need doing until 2 years or 20000 miles. I'm old school and think 10000 miles is enough for any oil.
The garage were very good they gave me a run down of everything that was done including the health check. He then said that's £126 please. I argued with them and said that on the Hyundai book a service website using your garage  its £80. Anyway he went off to talk to someone and came back and said we can do it for £87. I was happy with that , but it just goes to show if i had not looked at the book a service web site i would have been non the wiser. Still a great car.  :goodjob2:
  • i30 1.4 Active Petrol

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, Gazz, that's sure to bit a hot tip for someone in the future. Glad the car is giving you a good start. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Could have saved yourself £87 by not having the service done - 2 years/20000 miles is your target ;)

I must admit to feeling uneasy running my diesel for 20000 miles on the factory oil but the feedback from my HyTech servicing guy said it didn't look too bad at all when they'd dropped it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
That two year 20,000 mile is to cut down the amount of used oil, helps the environment but does nothing to help your motor last.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal