i30 Owners Club

Another Townsvillian!

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
Greetings all!

I am soon to be part of this esteemed club so I thought I'd drop in and say hi.

I have just ordered a 2010 (MY11) i30 SLX 2.0 petrol Hatch - Phantom Black.  I don't take delivery until Feb 2011 as one has to be brought up from the factory - no black ones were available in Queensland apparently. 

So it will be an impatient wait but I'll use it to get as much cash together as possible for the deposit.

Once I get it the plans are to get the darkest possible legal tint and Scotchguard the upholstery and get some protection on the paintwork.  Down the track I might chuck some 17" rims on there, maybe black with chrome rims.

Are body kits available for these?  I know I could have gone the SR but I want to have something other than the standard factory sports look.

I'm very impressed with the room inside and all the options that come with it.

I am vowing to look after this car and wash it religiously and keep it clean on the inside.  If I can keep the kids out of it then even better.

Anyway, that's my story for now!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard mate.  :razz:  there are a couple of different styles of body kit,just depends on your likes and budget.  :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
welcome aboard mate.  :razz:  there are a couple of different styles of body kit,just depends on your likes and budget.  :cool:

Thanks mate, is there somewhere I can check out the kits (online)?  I reckon at some point I'll put a set of 18" on there.

Man this feels just like Need for Speed in real life!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
look in the main home page and click on accessories/mods,you can try in there.  :idea:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome :D :D

18" is the way to go mate :wink: :razz:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Welcome BGH :D

I am vowing to look after this car ... If I can keep the kids out of it then even better.

:lol: :lol:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
Yeh definitely want some 18s on there, like I said black centres with nice chrome ring.

First off though will be the tinting, as dark as I can, will look awesome.  Possibly an exhaust upgrade (maybe like Hemmi's dual twins, they are very nice).  Then wheels, then a body kit.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

If I was buying right now I could get an SR (in black) for $25,400 driveaway with the kit and 17s but seeing as I plan on getting my own after market stuff then the $2K I will save by getting the SLX will go towards what I want.

As for the kids, they can go in wifey's car or if they absolutely have to get in mine then they will be wearing garbage bag suits.  :mrgreen:

Can anybody with an SLX tell me what the audio system is like?  I'm a bit of an audiophile but have a knack of being able to get the best sound out of any system but even so, I know some factory setups are shite.  I'm assuming the 4 main speakers are all 6" 2 ways?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I am soon to be part of this esteemed club so I thought I'd drop in and say hi.

You already are!   Welcome .. the car you have ordered (with the mods you are planning sounds gr8)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

I'm assuming the 4 main speakers are all 6" 2 ways?

And is a hard job to replace them (they need to be drilled out). I think there are several threads here interffering with the audio subject (I'm happy with it as is :) )

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

I'm assuming the 4 main speakers are all 6" 2 ways?

And is a hard job to replace them (they need to be drilled out). I think there are several threads here interffering with the audio subject (I'm happy with it as is :) )
i think it sounds good for a factory unit.  :razz:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

They are riveted in but it is not that hard to drill them out.. The SLX audio system has only single cone speakers I think .. but the sound is reasonable (not gr8 but not that bad either)

Eyecon did upgrade the speakers in his first SLX but not that many have bothered.. The SR has an additional separate amplifier..(not sure if it has better speakers) :razz:

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Welcome Big to the sisterhood :) Can't wait to see pics!

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
    Welcome Big Giant Head enjoy  :)

Phantom black in Queensland  8) you are a braver man than me. Will your i30 SLX come with bluetooth and the 16" titanium coloured wheels ?

All the best to you  :)    

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Big Giant Head
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
Thanks for welcome everyone!

Yes I know black cars and Qld (especially North Qld) don't exactly go hand in hand but out of all the cars I've owned this is the first time I've been able to choose my own colour and I've always wanted a black car.  I reminded myself of the commercial from the 80s with the kid getting school shoes "Got any blacker?"  I'll be surprised if anyone recognises that! :mrgreen:

Now, to clean the Falcon up on the weekend, I have some paint oxidisation to try to remove on the bonnet... any suggestions?  Apart from that just a good tidy and clean and polish.  Want as much as possible for the trade.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Hi BGH, Welcome to the club for discerning i30 tragics. Good to see another NQlder on board. You'll have to keep an eye out for member Kimba in sunny Tville. She also has a black i30.  :cool: :cool:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
Yeh U.M, I saw her thread.  Guess there will be 2 black i30s running around Townsville now!

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Welcome Big Giant (Boof?) Head  :lol:

Kimba will be easy to find, just look for the black i30 cutting laps of "The Strand"... :D

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
"Got any blacker?"  I'll be surprised if anyone recognises that! :mrgreen:

Welcome Big Giant Head, is that taken from '3rd rock from the sun's BGH played by William Shatner?
I am sure you will love you i30 and I find the SLX sound system quite good but if you really like good sound a speaker upgrade could be on the cards.
And I do recognise the 'Any Blacker' ad from way back when, Nikes if I remember correctly... :exclaim:
It is one of those saying that keep popping into your head.. :D

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
Yes indeed my name is from 3rd Rock, classic show!

Glad somebody recognised that sneakers line (otherwise I would have looked a right nit). 

Just been perusing the ebay dude that sells a bunch of stuff for extra stuff for Kenny (that will be his name, my previous car was Lenny).  I can already see my bank account reducing!! :mrgreen:

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
  I can already see my bank account reducing!! :mrgreen:

Ahh, but you will so happy, what's better, bank account or a happy BGH.. :lol:

Offline Big Giant Head

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville
  Will your i30 SLX come with bluetooth and the 16" titanium coloured wheels ?

All the best to you  :)    

Sorry, missed this bit!

I'm not sure yet, suppose it depends which MY11 I get.  They reckon it won't be delivered to the dealer until February next year which could mean it will be the updated version which would be very awesome, being able to stream the tunes from the iPhone wirelessly would be a real bonus.  Plus the darker wheels will look pretty shmick.

I guess I'll have to wait until I pick it up and hope the dealer isn't pulling a shifty.

Edit: I drove past the other black i30 in Townsville on the way home from work today.  Me likey the black!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Kimba will be easy to find, just look for the black i30 cutting laps of "The Strand"... :D

And if you are lucky she will get out and walk around a bit (leggy blonde apparently  :wink:)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

And if you are lucky she will get out and walk around a bit (leggy blonde apparently  :wink:)

You step out of the car then, saying: "Hi, nice to meet you. I've heard so many rumors about your legs...".

P.S.: don't forget to send us a postcard from the hospital :lol:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Is that payback for Kimba upsetting your "Girlfriend"  :D

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

(Dave & the Derros) nice song. Interesting mixture of r'n'r with... hmmm... mushrooms.

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
      Good on you Giant Head thanks for the other reply ... re bluetooth and titanium coloured wheels ..... That would look one cool machine .. Phantom black .. titanium alloys .. and dark window tint  :cool: 'no one messes with me'   :wink:

If it doesn't or they say to you soon 'OH we've found a "Phantom black but' ! ... stick out for the extra nice goodies ... well I would  :)

All the best :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal