i30 Owners Club

Apple Car Play and Android Auto

Offline blakeclayton12

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Hey Guys
Quick question. The fourth quarter 2015 active x models seem to have carplay built into them or can be updated. Would it be possible to update the entire system to include these features? not looking for aftermarket solutions, but now hyundai is curious wanted to know if i could update my q2 2015 i30 active x
Thanks
  • Hyundai i30 Active X 2015

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Think you will, likely, have to contact Hyundai about that - not sure anyone here has heard about that happening.

Unfortunately it seems, at least in AU, that Hyundai likes to keep all updates to head-units and/or navigation units to itself - i.e. you have to go to a service centre (and then it depends on if they know or will look to see if there are ones for your unit).   So it is hard to know if they have released an update - except if people note the software version on their unit changed during a service and/or note functionality changes and/or it is listed on service invoice.

If it is an non-navigation headunit - they are, apparently, designed, etc. by cartronics - they might know something... but no idea if they would welcome contact about them.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I met the owner of Cartronics when I raised the issue of the Bluetooth sounding streamy on my FD-01 unit.

Great bloke
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal