Bluetooth dongles for diagnostics

Lakes · 35 · 13363

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Will the dongle set up display instant fuel economy on a blutooth device?
Yep, in a variety of ways...

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

• MY2011 Elantra Touring, Automatic. Ottawa, Ont. CA
Thanks for the quick reply guys!
I'm totally gonna buy one tonight. I found a "mini" one that unfortunately doesnt have any lights to tell if it is on or off. But this will be something cool for checking out fuel economy.
  • Elantra Touring GL, Automatic

Offline ajmount88

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Birmingham

• 2008 1.6 CRDi Premium - Steel Grey
Mine arrived yesterday. Cost £13 for the adapter and £3 for Torque pro. Gave it a test today and seems to work fine. I had a quick look at the free version, but it was limited on diesel features compared to the pro version (I think instantaneous fuel economy was missing), so bought the pro. If you put the cost of your last fill-up in the settings it will work out a trip cost (useful for those that always find themselves offering a taxi service for friends and family  :wink: ). One thing I did notice though is that while my average fuel economy on the cars computer went up from 60.5mpg to 60.7 today, the app reckoned I'd only averaged 52ish  :confused: I'm more inclined to trust the onboard computer on this , seeing my guess is that the adapter does not update quite frequently enough to get an accurate picture. The instantaneous economy should be ok though, as well as any other value it can just look up from the ECU (ie odometer, speed etc)

Offline ajmount88

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Birmingham

• 2008 1.6 CRDi Premium - Steel Grey
Plus it automatically turns on bluetooth and pairs with the adapter when I start the app and ignition, and the app has an option to get it to remind you to remove the adapter when you close it, for all those that are worried about battery drain.

Offline eugene188

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Ottawa, Canada

• MY2011 Elantra Touring, Automatic. Ottawa, Ont. CA
Plus it automatically turns on bluetooth and pairs with the adapter when I start the app and ignition, and the app has an option to get it to remind you to remove the adapter when you close it, for all those that are worried about battery drain.

Having to constantly plug/unplug would be a huge pain considering where the plug is located. I thought about getting an extension wire from ebay, but maybe later.

Amongst other things, I wanna use this for the instantaneous or average fuel mileage since my odometer only has one trip meter, and thats it. Finding out the various pressures and temperatures will come in handy when I want to do some testing later on. 
  • Elantra Touring GL, Automatic

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal