i30 Owners Club

Crooze control

Guest · 34 · 12964

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
I recently got my car serviced at Klosters Hyundai in Hamilton, Newcastle and asked the sales staff about retrofitting the cruise control onto my 07 slx crdi. The guy there said they CAN do it but its not cheap [i think he said 700-800 fitted]. I asked whether it is a stalk or aftermarket looking kit and he said no, it is the same as the factory cruise with the buttons on the steering wheel like OEM but as they cant have the cruise activated/deactivated light on the speedo, supposedly there is an led that is mounted on the plastic trim to show when the cruise is activated or deactivated.

If you want to contact him, his name is Simon Drummond ph: 0422 514 182, email simon . drummond @ klosters . com . au [remember to take out the spaces] and this is at Klosters Hyundai in Hamilton, Newcastle, Australia.

Offline cafstar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle
Hey cafstar,

we ordered our SX CRDi with cruise, but as there wasn't a single red one with factory cruise in the country, we had to pay extra and get it installed by the dealer before we pick it up. $895 for our cruise, vs $400 for factory cruise + fog lights.

Touch unhappy about that turn of events, but cruise is an important feature for us (wife is from Rockhampton area, so 6-7 hr drives happen every so often).

Just a question on your cruise though - is the one pictured the $895 one? Or is it a different aftermarket job?

Cheers,

GM

Hey, I was quoted $7?? for my cc, but it was worked out in the package with my dealer (basically free...) Mine was done through the dealer, as an after-market hyundai CC. If you're being quoted anything more than $800 I think you're being ripped off. Feel free to take the pic to the dealer and ask if its the one being fitted. On the plus side; its very easy to use, not bad to look at and it as responsive as you'd expect. the down side is that its not very "gadgety"- I like gadgets. for me, the more buttons the better :D

Offline Green Machine

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Faster, coz it's a red one!
Thanks cafstar.

I actaully emailed the dealer your picture, and found another picture of the proper cruise, and he told me it is the proper cruise buttons in the steering wheel, not below or to the side like yours. I also asked him to get the mechanics when they are isntalling the cruise to install the wiring loom to suit the volume controls as well - that way I can put them in later, and not have to fiddle around with the existing wiring for CC.

Cheers,

GM

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hey there Green Machine, clear your inbox buddy I can't PM you. Your inbox is full, and your email address is hidden.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal