MRH130 · 40 · 10363

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... or maybe I'll build my own SR CRDi.  :cool:

That would be the new version due out in Aus?

SR - Skippy Repeller
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
... or maybe I'll build my own SR CRDi.  :cool:

That would be the new version due out in Aus?

SR - Skippy Repeller
haha I wish SR did mean that - might have saved Crystal!

Stupid Roo...

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Took her to a friend of a friend who is a semi-retired panel beater who builds custom limos and hot rods, and he measured her up and gave her the once over. Reckons the pillar is ok, and if it has moved it's so small it's not worth worrying about.

So in a way that's a relief. She's getting fixed by the bloke who does Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, BMW etc so I'm sure she'll be fixed properly, and she'll have a lifetime warranty on the repairs anyway. I'm just pretty sour on the whole thing now. I guess I'm too fussy about my cars. So I'm going to sell her or trade her in - think I've decided to build my own SR CRDi.  :cool:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
i would probably change cars to after that,you know its been fixed but no one else will. iits not the same car anymore! :mad:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I have had a couple of cars damaged by others over the years and even though they were well repaired I got rid of them soon after... :cool:

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

yes it's a completely irrational thing, but like I say I'm so fussy I get upset even by the idea of it!  :rolleyes:

It's a trial being a nutcase like me!   :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My two worse experiences were...

When I was only around 20 odd I had a new Fiat 128 3P (hatchback) and I let a friend have a drive and he rolled it with me in the passengers seat.. It should have been a write off but they fixed it and although they did an amazing job of the bodywork it used to creak and groan over driveways and so I traded it on a brand new Renault 1.4 Virage (very different to the Fiat but a great car all the same)

and

then in about 1993 my now ex-wife backed out of our driveway and took the left hand front guard of our then near new Nissan Bluebird SSS out on a big light post near our entry (that was after losing a mirror when a crow hit it at 140kph and damaging a driving light when a dog ran out in front of me.. so I traded that very quickly on a fully optioned Honda Civic hatch... (lost a lot of money on that deal  :rolleyes: (the wife and I parted company within 12 months of that happening - long story  :twisted:)

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

My two worse experiences were...

When I was only around 20 odd I had a new Fiat 128 3P (hatchback) and I let a friend have a drive and he rolled it with me in the passengers seat.. It should have been a write off but they fixed it and although they did an amazing job of the bodywork it used to creak and groan over driveways and so I traded it on a brand new Renault 1.4 Virage (very different to the Fiat but a great car all the same)

You liked the Euro stuff didn't you Dazz! Wow, that's amazing they fixed it after a roll-over! Having driven what seemed to be a pretty good 128 once, I don't think I'd want one with less structural integrity...  :eek: I do have a soft spot for the Renault Virage, but ever buying one would go against all my rants about French cars...  :lol:

then in about 1993 my now ex-wife backed out of our driveway and took the left hand front guard of our then near new Nissan Bluebird SSS out on a big light post near our entry (that was after losing a mirror when a crow hit it at 140kph and damaging a driving light when a dog ran out in front of me.. so I traded that very quickly on a fully optioned Honda Civic hatch... (lost a lot of money on that deal  :rolleyes: (the wife and I parted company within 12 months of that happening - long story  :twisted:)
haha yes this is why my wife and I always had seperate cars - there would have been a bit of difficulty if she ever damaged one of mine (not to mention the fact that she couldn't drive a skewer in to a bowl of custard). :lol: Still parted company tho...  :rolleyes:

Those Bluies with the head-up display were cool - always thought a turbo all wheel drive version would be something special...  :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

At the point of going off topic (who me  :rolleyes:) the Bluebird was a very underrated car but a bit overpriced at the time I paid about $37,500 in 1993 for mine...

They are such a bargain 2nd hand .. my Cousin in Hobart bought a SSS a few years back in mint condition (mint green  :D) for only $8000  :eek:

and yeah the head up display was very impressive although a new genuine windscreen with the special panel in it was about $2500 way back then...

The fiat was only worth aboy $4500 and think it ended up costing the insurance about $5000 to fix it!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal