i30 Owners Club

Socket size for oil filter removal on 2015 CRDi?

liability · 37 · 15223

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :undecided: Must have just been a dodgy seal at the thread!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia

A few moths ago I checked the filter and srewed it back at 35Nm. It seemed very clean.
Back then the leakage was a lot smaller. It was the reason for checking.

Before driving to the service I didn't want to check (as I tightened it to 42Nm, few weeks ago) and feared that if I open it now a greater crack would happen.

Anyway, now I need ti see the new ones behavior - first need to clean it. (As the mechanic didn't srew it enough and it leaked. One cm (about half inch) more srewing was needed - on the new filter housing there is a mark - and when I srewed it rightly the two marks lined up.
I don't know how the mechanic guy missed it.
He also didn't put enough coolant back to the system. The filler was totally empty. And I refiled it (with distilled water)  a few times as it kept being soaked up (down).
The temperatures where never above 93 and with holf full coolant tank they went up to 97 (even in idle) - also the dpf regen activated during that trip - I hope the heat didn't do some damage.
  • i30 1.6 CRDi 66kW with DPF, made 2011. in Czech

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not good enough is it! :fum:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
the mechanic didn't srew it enough and it leaked. One cm (about half inch) more srewing was needed - on the new filter housing there is a mark - and when I srewed it rightly the two marks lined up.
I don't know how the mechanic guy missed it.
He also didn't put enough coolant back to the system. The filler was totally empty. And I refiled it (with distilled water)  a few times as it kept being soaked up (down).

Was it a hy garage?
If so, need to be highlighted to HY HQ

Plus needs to mentioned to garage boss and ask what action will taken plus confirmation it has been taken etc etc.

Also, I'd be looking for a new garage.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia
Not hyundai garage, kia. And I want to correct myself about saying it was leaking after he srewed it - it was just dirty.
The guy turned on the engine and checked for leakage - then he commented about me needing to replace serpentine belt and the tensioner+rollers. So I dont think he did a bad job there - he is better then the ones who oversrew.

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia
When I get time I will take out the old oring to inspect it. (Want to know why it leaked), also I ofc lube the oring when I change it (on filter change).

One thing I didn't mention was that sometimes I had a bit difficulties to srew the filter cap the right way. I mean the right angle, if you get me.

Offline XinZhao

• 3rd Gear

• hr Croatia
Rubber seal taken off and inspected - it seamed all right.
I made the oil change yesterday. The new filter with cca 300 km old oil flew through it seemed as black and dirty as the old one.
But I left it stay.

The old one (Mahle) I broke to make a measirement it has height 104 mm and lenght cca 156 cm (when rolled out)

Need to buy new air filter, a/c filter, and waiting for new fuel filter - ufi - made in china which is allegedly original.

I guess hyundai and kia use ufi for fuel filters, Mahle for oil filters, and the air and cabin I still don't know

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal