i30 Owners Club

Dashtop carpets/ covers.

Bighvm · 38 · 9184

Offline Smokeyr67

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I do the same as Craig - I just by little self adhesive velcro dots from Coles and job done :)
  • IO 30 N

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Well pleased with mine. I am sure my one came with the velcro strips supplied. Also the dash mat seems to cut out the film that accumulates on the screen from the plastic dash. :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:27:11 by John B »
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well pleased with mine. I am sure my one came with the velcro strips supplied. Also the dash mat seems to cut out the film that accumulates on the screen from the plastic dash. :goodjob2:
Never knew you could buy one without Velcro strips.
Coincidentally, I just bought one for my Toyota Corolla and it has Velcro tabs included. But the dash is so level, they're not needed.  :eek:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Yeah mine came with velcro but to be honest if it was not a freebie with the car I would not have purchased one.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
Thanks for the link, I bought one from fitmycar in black. No reflection now which is great. It does slide down a little at times though and I just push it back towards the windscreen. Not really a problem.
You’re welcome  :goodjob2:

Try placing some of the supplied adhesive Velcro tape on each of the top edges to stop it sliding around.
I didn't see any supplied velcro tape in the bag, didn't come with any instructions, just the mat folded in half.  I can probably buy some though, thanks.
  • i30 Premium

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for the link, I bought one from fitmycar in black. No reflection now which is great. It does slide down a little at times though and I just push it back towards the windscreen. Not really a problem.

Try placing some of the supplied adhesive Velcro tape on each of the top edges to stop it sliding around.
I didn't see any supplied velcro tape in the bag, didn't come with any instructions, just the mat folded in half.  I can probably buy some though, thanks.
Could the velcro strip be stuck to the base of the mat :undecided: I'm pretty sure mine was stapled to the cardboard end packaging.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Best value is reject shop if they have any in your area. $2 for a box with about 1.5 metres of each type with a good adhesive. Just cut to size that suits.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
Well consider me educated after your many great reponses, i find myself likeing some of these, the last one featured is so well fitting, does look pretty good... impressed.
I remeber seeing them in the late 70s and they were so bad fitting... they are great now, may look around for one now, as i plan to fit a hud soon..
  • I30 auto diesel to buy in near future!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal