i30 Owners Club

Hi there

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :lol: :cool:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Well? are you still inside the car? :lol:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Olivier Pauwels

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium

• Crystal white <3
Well? are you still inside the car? :lol:

Hey!
Sory for the LONG time :P
But yea, i've not been out of my car xD (that + i had exams).
I'll make some pics this week i hope (when i get it cleaned and the weather is nicer).

I had a question though, are there any movies of the sound of the: 7ism Cat Back Exhaust System from koreancarstyling.co.uk ?
Like examples of what they sound like, or would probably sound like on a 1.6 CRDI engine ?

Really interested in that to be honest. (its the 1 thing missing from the car i think, a good exhaust sound.)

( link )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Olivier..

Think there might be a vid with sound on You Tube somewhere  :cool:

I had a custom made two inch (single outlet) exhaust made up with a straight through sports muffler. I used it for about 18 months and then swapped back to the original as I found it a bit boomy on long trips. (although in hindsight it is really only louder under hard acceleration)

Because the Turbo muffles the sound of the engine these type of exhausts don't add a lot to the exhaust note in a CRDi. When I had mine on and went hard through a series of winding corners (revving to say 4,500RPM) it did sound a bit like a quieter Subaru Impreza WRX  :mrgreen: (even the wife commented)

But in normal around town driving little if any difference...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Olivier Pauwels

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium

• Crystal white <3
Hi Olivier..

Think there might be a vid with sound on You Tube somewhere  :cool:

I had a custom made two inch (single outlet) exhaust made up with a straight through sports muffler. I used it for about 18 months and then swapped back to the original as I found it a bit boomy on long trips. (although in hindsight it is really only louder under hard acceleration)

Because the Turbo muffles the sound of the engine these type of exhausts don't add a lot to the exhaust note in a CRDi. When I had mine on and went hard through a series of winding corners (revving to say 4,500RPM) it did sound a bit like a quieter Subaru Impreza WRX  :mrgreen: (even the wife commented)

But in normal around town driving little if any difference...

O alright, and is there an exhaust system available (perhaps universal one that i can ask my garage to install/custom fit) ?
One that has like a sporty sound overall (not just at high rpm's).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
O alright, and is there an exhaust system available (perhaps universal one that i can ask my garage to install/custom fit) ?
One that has like a sporty sound overall (not just at high rpm's).

I think a couple of members may have sourced or atleast found a source for a split (twin outlet) system in Stainless steel (Ex Korea I'm guessing) but wouldn't be cheap  :eek: (and no idea how it would sound)

Have a look in the Diesel Modifications section or use the search function...There are quite a few in the Pix from the Korean Club site but no info listed there..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti

But yea, i've not been out of my car xD (that + i had exams).

What? You studied in there? :lol:
I wish good luck with the results :)
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal