i30cw in Florida ;)

DJHARRY73 · 42 · 11513

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You can find those on Ebay too http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250663873056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT not expensice at all :)

Very reasonable (and unique too) until someone else in the club buys a set  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Ha ha ha  :D No problem at least I know Im safe in Florida cause while I have an I30 they only sell Elantra Tourings here  :lol:

Offline Ared10

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Western Maryland
Not so fast there my friend. I have an I30 here in Maryland. (I bought one of the Korean I30 badges on eBay).
What I don't have is the CW badge to go with it and I can't tell for sure on the pix that you posted whether or not your blue I30 has the CW badge. If you do have one, where did you get it?
Another question I have, and maybe you'll know, does the UK version have an ESTATE badge?
If you're serious about converting to the CW version of the Touring you should look into replacing the rear bumper to do away with the side marker lights to replace them with the rear fog lights.
I've noticed numerous versions of the same car with electric folding outside mirrors, pop-up sat nav instead of the top cubby and etc.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
It's called a CW in the UK too, even though many people would refer to it as "the estate version". The manufacturers mostly ditched the term years ago.

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Yes I have the i30cw badge you can see it on my pics,you can get them on ebay, the i30 estate only has an i30 badge no CW , the body kit I bought was made for an I30CW so if I make any modifications parts may not fit ,, I have also change the original mirrors with side repeaters now and yes its electrical all other accesories are original hyundai Mobis parts basically Im done on the outside except for one little detail comming up on the front , them I will start with the inside with dvd gps navigation soon :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It's called a CW in the UK too, even though many people would refer to it as "the estate version". The manufacturers mostly ditched the term years ago.

I must admit I'd never heard the term 'cw' before joining this club.

Once 'estate', always 'estate', for me

(click to show/hide)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Ared10

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Western Maryland
I can't wait to see what you do on the inside.
I will not get the CW badging so I guess that I will have an estate version.
I like the outside mirror conversion also. Since you are using Mobis parts is the electrical connection already there for you to plug into? I would be interested in a similar conversion but without the proper plugs I wouldn't attempt it.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

I must admit I'd never heard the term 'cw' before joining this club.

Once 'estate', always 'estate', for me

(click to show/hide)

Traveller is/was another name used

Morris Traveller - An estate version was introduced, known as the Traveller (a Morris naming tradition for estates, also seen on the Mini)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
if you bought an Elantra Touring SE ,or eve the GLS you will have no problems installing new mirrors with LED repeaters there are many available on Ebay and many other sites all the necessary wires come with the kits to make the switch(just have to run them properly through the body)  mine has also the bottom white Led light when you open the door

Offline Ared10

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Western Maryland
I appreciate the info.
Yes, I have the SE.
I might have to get those mirror covers but first I would like to get a set of lowering springs. I'm feeling the need to close that gap.

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
where did u get the writting on the sides me want

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal