Kimba's i30 - all washed and waxed :)

Kimba · 75 · 21325

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA

Citrus Wash and Gloss

Yep that is what I have, I was thinking of getting the Jetseal but ended up getting the Butterwet Wax, still works great... love how everything smells as well ;)

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

Kimba, during a wax test that i did several years ago on the detail paradise forum, found the butter wet wax to be an excellent performer. Leaves an super shine, although probably needs to be reapplied once a month to give ongoing protection.
Whilst conducting the test, came across what i consider to be the absolute best value for money wax that you can buy. It is called DP Max Wax.  Costs about $40.

If anybody is interested in reading about this wax test - here is a link -
http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4223&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I have since become a big fan of sealants for paint protection.

Rocket.

Pip
Sorry, not a wax but a sealant that costs virtually nothing... Nu Finish. I know it doesn't shine as well as a wax but on my white car I figure it doesn't matter. If you want a mirror shine, get a black car. :wink:

I've mentioned it before but it's good. Just about to do my car for only the 3rd time to start its 3rd year... and it still beads and looks shiny to me!

Wax? Sure it's shiny but, really, once a year? not likely. :winker:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
I have since become a big fan of sealants for paint protection.

Rocket.

do you have a preferred sealant?
i just had wolfgang 3.0 sealant put on my car. gosh it feels nice!
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi Pip and snowcherry, I spend many hours reading the various car detailing forums - eg
USA  Autopia.org
USA  Autogeek Online Detailing Forum
UK    Detailing World
Aus  Detail Paradise

There appears to be 3 favourite Paint Sealants among the Detailing profession -
Jetseal109
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
No doubt there are others.
Here is a bit of info from Autogeek about wax v sealant
http://www.autogeek.net/qude101.html
I chose Jetseal109 from Chemguys after reading many reviews online, and am very impressed with it.

This Mustang Fastback that i polished with Menzerna polishes last week was given a coat of jetseal109. The owner was very happy with the finished car.

I am sure that any of the recognised Sealants will give a brilliant gloss to your car.

Rocket.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Sorry, not a wax but a sealant that costs virtually nothing... Nu Finish. I know it doesn't shine as well as a wax but on my white car I figure it doesn't matter. If you want a mirror shine, get a black car. :wink:

I've mentioned it before but it's good. Just about to do my car for only the 3rd time to start its 3rd year... and it still beads and looks shiny to me!

Wax? Sure it's shiny but, really, once a year? not likely. :winker:

pip,I'm the same as you. its a white car so your never going to see your reflection in it.  :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That Mustang looks Gr8 Rocket  :eek: :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

There appears to be 3 favourite Paint Sealants among the Detailing profession -
Jetseal109
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

I chose Jetseal109 from Chemguys after reading many reviews online, and am very impressed with it.
This Mustang Fastback that i polished with Menzerna polishes last week was given a coat of jetseal109. The owner was very happy with the finished car.
Rocket.

cheers
yeah it's the Wolfgang Deep Gloss i bought after reading similar reviews myself and deciding that wax was not a reasonable protectant up here in central qld.
i just posted a few pics here https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=7320.0

it's a white car to but actually did get a reflective gloss to it, not tremensously so but a nice little one all the same. and feels very slick and smooth.
the detailer who usually uses wax only, and has been in the industry for about 20 years he said, was suitably impressed with it to. i think he was initially a little dubious as he hadn't used it before but he said he goes on feel and it gave a very good finish for him.
i got the spritz detail stuff to match so i'll see how it all lasts etc.

it's not cheap though, and i bought this lot from US directly. might try the jetseal if can't afford another lot. i think i use the jetseal carwash actually  ???

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

Your car certainly has a nice gloss. Can i suggest you give it a total of about 3 coats of the Wolfgang Sealant, allowing at least 24 hours between coats. You may be nicely surprised at how deep that shine becomes. If you do buy the jetseal109 - it is $50 on the chemguys website.

We have just finished doing some repairs and painting on a BF Falcon which is white. Next week i will give it a 3 stage Menzerna polish and then give it a couple of coats of jetseal. Will see how much of a gloss is possible on a white car. 

Rocket.

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
That Mustang looks Gr8 Rocket  :eek: :eek:

There is quite a story behind the polishing job on the Mustang.
We painted the car for Dave ( the owner - in the photo ) about 6 months ago. He then took it home to continue the Restoration. A couple of weeks ago he took it to a windscreen fitter to have front and rear screens resealed. They did a good job on the screens, but in the process they scratched the paint something chronic. They used cloths that had dried sealant embedded into them. Idiots.

Dave was absolutely devastated. Thought they had ruined the paint on the car.

He brought the car to work so that i could have a go at fixing it. Took 3 days, but got all the scratches out and the paint looks like new again, thankfully. He is now a happy fellow again.

Rocket.

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
  Rocket you are a true professinal in your trade ........... Good man  :)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
thanks rocket, i'd probably have to clean it again before another coat. there's a thunderstorm every day and she's copped a few drips and drabs and lashings already from it.
the wolfgang is only another $10 on top of the jetseal plus postage unless picked up in brissy next time i'm there. i get it from waxit.com.au (or autogeek.com)

on a sidenote i can't access chemguys. down or something?

Offline Rocket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
^oh no there we go.
tried a couple times over last few days and couldn't load the page either time, but worked just now.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal