i30 Owners Club

Australian Election 2013

Ugly Mongrel · 749 · 140216

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If Rudd has any brains he will pull the trigger before the Libs have time to change to Turnbull, If the Libs are smart enough to do that its game over for Labor and Rudd.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'm still waiting for my first $900..... :undecided:
I'm with you,but I noticed all the drug taking,alcohol sucking,dole bludging loosers here in our little town here got it,yep the pubs and drug dealers did done real good out of that deal
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Given that Krudd abolished the policies that worked and the boats had already stopped, and is now spending BILLIONS of tax payers' dollars in trying to fix the problem that he caused, it's a bit rich to have a go at Tony Abbott!  :lol:

As for the carbon tax, again, he is now leaving us wide open to a price on carbon which is to be determined by the free European market and subject to currency fluctuations between the AUD & the EUR.

Gee. Smart move, Kevin.  :rolleyes:

He really is a dead set idiot this bloke who believes more in his own self-determined importance than what he is doing to Australia.
Get rid of the moron and the sooner the better. He is a danger.  :fum:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Given that Krudd abolished the policies that worked and the boats had already stopped, and is now spending BILLIONS of tax payers' dollars in trying to fix the problem that he caused, it's a bit rich to have a go at Tony Abbott!  :lol:

As for the carbon tax, again, he is now leaving us wide open to a price on carbon which is to be determined by the free European market and subject to currency fluctuations between the AUD & the EUR.

He really is a dead set idiot this bloke who believes more in his own self-determined importance than what he is doing to Australia.

So, Dave, that must make John Howard and Tony Abbott look like "dead set idiots" as well because they both supported an ETS. In fact, Tony Abbott even supported a Carbon Tax...Google it.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

So, Dave, that must make John Howard and Tony Abbott look like "dead set idiots" as well because they both supported an ETS. In fact, Tony Abbott even supported a Carbon Tax...Google it.

I just felt like goin' fishin' and I think I caught one.  :D

Well await the abolition of the carbon tax because he doesn't now.  :wink:

Turnbull supported a an ETS too but I'm glad he's not leading the party - many of his views are very left of centre.  :fum:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Both parties will lie through their back teeth to get votes because we let them. It's actions, not words, I'll be judging. :wink:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Both parties will lie through their back teeth to get votes because we let them. It's actions, not words, I'll be judging. :wink:

Unfortunately Gonz, most of Australia's voting public prefer to choose a political party on whether or not they like the leader, not on the policy.

Unfortunately the major political parties know this, and pander to popular politics (not policy politics).

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Fair comment Gonz.
It's party ideals I'll be voting for.
Even if I don't like the leader, I'd still vote conservative because I don't align myself with Labor policies and values.
I just look at where that has got us in the past.  :fum:
Small business needs to be supported, unions are important and vital but need to be constrained, welfare is necessary but has to be controlled, middle income earners should be supported not taxed to death.
Our borders need to be secure. Australia should decide who we help (and yes, we should help).
Vote (1) Liberal at the forthcoming federal election.  :goodjob2:  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Kev's upped the ante. Trump this, Tony.

http://theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/bounty-offered-to-find-people-smugglers/story-fn9hm1gu-1226682653366

Fair dinkum, Terry, at first glance I thought it said "bounty-offered-to-fine-budgie-smugglers".  I thought he was really going after Tony.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Can't argue with any of that Dave  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

http://theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/bounty-offered-to-find-people-smugglers/story-fn9hm1gu-1226682653366

Unbelievable.
More tax payers money.  :rolleyes:
Why not properly fund the appropriate authorities to enable them to track down these criminals and do their job?
Honestly, the man's a moron.
I can't believe you fall for all this spin.
Why do you think he has suddenly done this just before an election?
A new found commitment to protect our borders and rid ourselves of these criminals? Or perhaps to try to win some votes from those who say he hasn't been tough enough?
Liberal policies have been set and stable for years.
Remember how many asylum seekers were in detention when Krudd took over?
Google that.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Fair dinkum, Terry, at first glance I thought it said "bounty-offered-to-fine-budgie-smugglers".  I thought he was really going after Tony.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :judges:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Jamie, you must have majored in Humor when you did you Bachelor of Cheipoppters.

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Turnbull would be a disaster for the Libs IMO. He's the richest man in politics and can not relate to the general public because of his wealth. There's no one in the Lib line up that impresses me at all, so they won't be getting any support from me.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Do you vote for the leader or the policies and ideals of a party?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I don't have confidence in Abbott, Turnbull and the rest of 'em really. This election is going to be a tough one for me.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Doesn't leave you much then.
Kevin Kardashian (as Joe Hockey called him recently  :lol:) or perhaps Christine Milne?  :sicky:
But at the end of the day, I'm not sure personalities should play a big part. I'd rather vote for the party that best aligns with my thoughts, ideas and ideals.
And for me that sure ain't Labor or the Greens.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :agreed:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I just felt like goin' fishin' and I think I caught one.  :D

Well await the abolition of the carbon tax because he doesn't now.  :wink:

Turnbull supported a an ETS too but I'm glad he's not leading the party - many of his views are very left of centre.  :fum:

Thats ok, Rudd and co's speech (which I posted yesterday) when they ended the Pacific solution suggests that shipping our responsibilities to third world countries was not a palatable outcome, until Kevie needs votes in 2013.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Unbelievable.
More tax payers money.  :rolleyes:
Why not properly fund the appropriate authorities to enable them to track down these criminals and do their job?
Honestly, the man's a moron.
I can't believe you fall for all this spin.
Why do you think he has suddenly done this just before an election?
A new found commitment to protect our borders and rid ourselves of these criminals? Or perhaps to try to win some votes from those who say he hasn't been tough enough?
Liberal policies have been set and stable for years.
Remember how many asylum seekers were in detention when Krudd took over?
Google that.

Dave, it's only unbelievable because Tony didn't think of it first. :rofl:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
necessary but has to be controlled, middle income earners should be supported not taxed to death.

Dave as you have made valid points,but getting away from federal politics,hows your spin on Barnetts latest look at the power situattion,he is now saying because his mob screwed up big time pouring 280 to 300 million into the failed Muchea power station,his answer so far is to look at doubling the electricity tariffs we are being charged and especially looking at those who have chosen to put in solar and looking at cancelling the money you are paid for putting back into the grid,FSH is another debarcal,now 250 million over budget and will not be open for another two years,when it was supposed to be finalised later this year,but be assure at the end of it still won't be any jobs for Aussies there either,he has let the running out to Serca the mob who can't run our prison systems so he is letting now run a hospital also allowing them to staff it with overseas personal,good one Colin way to look after the people
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

My take on state Liberals regarding utility prices is that they have done too much too soon.
There is no way the average punter can cope with the increases brought about by the Barnett government in its efforts to achieve price reflectivity.
Having said that, of course blind Freddie could see they had to raise prices because in the previous eight years of Labor government they neglected their duties and didn't raise them one cent.
So again, it was the Libs (at state level) who had to do the dirty work.
But they went too far IMO. There is no way people should have been subjected to such massive increases in such a short space of time and I really thought it would have hurt the Liberals more at the last state election than it did.
And as far as solar is concerned, it's a wait and see game but I can't say that I'm overly confident they will do the right thing by those who have already installed solar systems in their houses. I hope they do but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Tertius the i30

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
My take on state Liberals regarding utility prices is that they have done too much too soon.
There is no way the average punter can cope with the increases brought about by the Barnett government in its efforts to achieve price reflectivity.
Having said that, of course blind Freddie could see they had to raise prices because in the previous eight years of Labor government they neglected their duties and didn't raise them one cent.
But they went too far IMO. There is no way people should have been subjected to such massive increases in such a short space of time and I really thought it would have hurt the Liberals more at the last state election than it did.
And as far as solar is concerned, it's a wait and see game but I can't say that I'm overly confident they will do the right thing by those who have already installed solar systems in their houses. I hope they do but I'm not holding my breath.
In NSW and Qld, when the solar discussion has come up the legal position has been that the existing agreements are unbreakable contracts. Hopefully that will remain the case.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

In NSW and Qld, when the solar discussion has come up the legal position has been that the existing agreements are unbreakable contracts. Hopefully that will remain the case.

Hopefully here too. It would be unfair to do otherwise.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Once again, an Australian government is spending truckloads of our money on advertising that is purely designed to win votes for itself.  Both sides do it. 

Labor is even putting full-page advertisements in the Melbourne newspapers (so I imagine this is happening across the country) to tell potential refugees that they will be sent to PNG if they manage to get here.  As if the refugees are sitting back, in Indonesia, reading The Age.

Clearly, these adverts are aimed at voters, not refugees.

I should keep a count on the different topics for all the ads.  More jobs, better schools, NDIS etc etc.  It's appalling.  And politicians probably still wonder why they are held in contempt.

• SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Eureka, you must lead a pretty sheltered life if you don't think Indonesian people smugglers don't have internet access. I've just finished reading the Jakarta Globe article on the new PNG agreement and I don't speak Indonesian and I did it sitting down at home.

I agree, the ads are aimed at Aussie voters, but believe me, the Indo people smugglers will read them too.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Once again, an Australian government is spending truckloads of our money on advertising that is purely designed to win votes for itself.  Both sides do it. 

Labor is even putting full-page advertisements in the Melbourne newspapers (so I imagine this is happening across the country) to tell potential refugees that they will be sent to PNG if they manage to get here.  As if the refugees are sitting back, in Indonesia, reading The Age.

Clearly, these adverts are aimed at voters, not refugees.

I should keep a count on the different topics for all the ads.  More jobs, better schools, NDIS etc etc.  It's appalling.  And politicians probably still wonder why they are held in contempt.
A significant proportion of people already in Australia from the countries where the current crop of refugees/ boat people ar ecoming from will read the ads and you can bet they will be in contact with their relatives and friend still either back home or in Indonesia, to let them know about the new plan. THAT'S who the ads are aimed at.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal