i30 Owners Club

Worth it? (2012 Petrol Hyundai i30 Elite model: $19,000: 10,000km)

Pantries · 289 · 54211

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
And... The vehicle ended up selling. I've found another vehicle, a demo Elite model with less than 300km in WA from a dealership, so I probably won't need to get the car inspected, and since their much cheaper over there than here in NSW for some reason. Does anyone know how much a dealer is willing to take off their marked price? Or does it vary from dealership to dealership?
Pantries you can haggle but unless your here and have to time to go to and fro with them it's not going to happen,the ones with 300 -500 k's are demo's,so their marked down pretty well as far as they will go,but if you know anyone here,I would just buy it with on roads and take it back,run the rego down and then just put it over the pits there,bobs your uncle
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

That's a bit rough where's everyone elses maps
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
And... The vehicle ended up selling. I've found another vehicle, a demo Elite model with less than 300km in WA from a dealership, so I probably won't need to get the car inspected, and since their much cheaper over there than here in NSW for some reason. Does anyone know how much a dealer is willing to take off their marked price? Or does it vary from dealership to dealership?

It really varies between dealers. When I purchased my i30 active GD last month, I was quoted between 21k-23k. One dealer kept harassing me saying they couldn't go lower than 22k. Even after I had another quote of 20600, that dealer still called me and tried to "force" me to deal with them immediately (I was really furious because it defies logic where a dealer offered lower price, why would I deal with one who give higher price).

So the point is, you can probably haggle for about 10% deduction of the price listed. If you're that good, even 15%.

If you would like to contact the dealer I went with, let me know. I can give you his contact number. I am in no way affiliated with them (refer to my "Recommended Dealer" post).

Cheers.
  • i30 GD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

It really varies between dealers. When I purchased my i30 active GD last month, I was quoted between 21k-23k. One dealer kept harassing me saying they couldn't go lower than 22k. Even after I had another quote of 20600, that dealer still called me and tried to "force" me to deal with them immediately (I was really furious because it defies logic where a dealer offered lower price, why would I deal with one who give higher price).

So the point is, you can probably haggle for about 10% deduction of the price listed. If you're that good, even 15%.

If you would like to contact the dealer I went with, let me know. I can give you his contact number. I am in no way affiliated with them (refer to my "Recommended Dealer" post).

Cheers.

But you will take the dealer kick back all Hyundai dealers offer for referral customers  :rofl: :rofl: I still have my cards from two Dealers,which I have never collected on,can't be bothered  :rolleyes: but I still highly recommend any Hyundai

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
But you will take the dealer kick back all Hyundai dealers offer for referral customers  :rofl: :rofl: I still have my cards from two Dealers,which I have never collected on,can't be bothered  :rolleyes: but I still highly recommend any Hyundai

I don't even know that exists, Rick. What's that? Did you receive some special "service" from them?  :whistler:
  • i30 GD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

I don't even know that exists, Rick. What's that? Did you receive some special "service" from them?  :whistler:

Couple of years ago when it was explained how it all went,but it was vouchers I think when someone bought a car which you refered,but they had to take one of the referral cards you were given and a purchase had to be completed,I'd have to dig out the cards again.

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Quote from: Rick!

Couple of years ago when it was explained how it all went,but it was vouchers I think when someone bought a car which you refered,but they had to take one of the referral cards you were given and a purchase had to be completed,I'd have to dig out the cards again.

Ah. I think the referral program doesn't exist anymore? CMIIW. Anyway I did (and do) not have that in mind when I replied to Pantries. Just trying to help him. Cool, eh?  :cool:
  • i30 GD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Yeah realise that was only pulling Ya leg

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Pantries you can haggle but unless your here and have to time to go to and fro with them it's not going to happen,the ones with 300 -500 k's are demo's,so their marked down pretty well as far as they will go,but if you know anyone here,I would just buy it with on roads and take it back,run the rego down and then just put it over the pits there,bobs your uncle

Mmm, very true.. I'll see how I go, but I won't have my hopes up. Cheers mate.
  • Hyundai i30 Automatic Petrol Premium 2012

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

You're good at this stuff Rick, why don't you go and have some fun :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

You will pay stamp duty twice though.

Might be better to get the dealer to put it on the truck unregistered and get the discount for the rego refund and stamp duty, then register it afresh in your state. So you'll pay 2.75% of the purchase price in WA then whatever it is in your state.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/tools-and-advice/car-finance/how_much_stamp_duty_will_you_pay#qld
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If you're actually buying one, why can't it be registered in NSW from the outset. All you need is vin# etc. You get the rego papers & drive it back.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If you're actually buying one, why can't it be registered in NSW from the outset. All you need is vin# etc. You get the rego papers & drive it back.

Unless there close to the border you may struggle. I looked at getting a new i30 diesel for the good wife from NSW. Best I could get was 'We'll subtract rego and stamp duty, and you'll have to take care of that at your end'.

Probably not difficult, but I worry about turning up as a non dealer to register a car, I don't think it pays to be out of the ordinary when dealing with a public servant.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If you rang the department and explained your situation, I'm sure there's a procedure to follow and the dealerships are made up of ordinary people too. After all you are going to register the car and pay them money. A letter from the dealership would confirm your actions, otherwise getting the rego plates might be difficult. The govt wants the money, the dealer wants the sale, surely it can be organised. Out of the ordinary, yes, impossible, no.

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Sounds like a long process. This dealership said they send cars to NSW, so i guess they have experience in sending cars interstate, and handling interstate buyers.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The question is, at what cost and whose expense though. You may find doing it yourself may be much cheaper.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If you rang the department and explained your situation, I'm sure there's a procedure to follow and the dealerships are made up of ordinary people too. After all you are going to register the car and pay them money. A letter from the dealership would confirm your actions, otherwise getting the rego plates might be difficult. The govt wants the money, the dealer wants the sale, surely it can be organised. Out of the ordinary, yes, impossible, no.

From my observation most dealers register the cars themselves, they don't go into the Dept. of Transport.

I never said it was impossible, just that you might get the run around because it is out of the ordinary, and I've never experienced turning up at a Government Department armed with all the paperwork I was told I needed, only to be told that it was wrong..... :head_butt:

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
I'll keep my eye on the one in WA, but there's a Premium model in my area with 10,000km going for $27,000. May be to expensive but it says they take trade ins, wonder if they'll take my 1999 RAV4 with 300,000km haha.

I'm sure if it were a private seller, it'd sell for much less.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Can't see why they wouldn't, let the negotiations begin.  :undecided:

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
I guess so, I'll see how I go! Although as a green p-plater, the premium model seems a little to luxury for me haha. Am I crazy or...?

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
I've found an Elite model in NSW from a dealer for $24,000, maybe get it down to $22,000..? Unfortunately it's black, would much rather white but it comes with heated seats. Also has 11,000km which is alright.

There's a white i30 Elite in WA, which we might be able to get it for $20,000, including shipping and it has 11,000km. Maybe the heated seats aren't worth the extra $$ and its black but then again it's closer...

Tough choice! Should I be concerned about going for what I guess are the older 2012 models (one with heated seats) compared to the newer 2012 ones (without heated seats) or are they only a few months apart in being made

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Tough choice! Should I be concerned about going for what I guess are the older 2012 models (one with heated seats) compared to the newer 2012 ones (without heated seats) or are they only a few months apart in being made

Assume they are both the latest GD model.. I don't think the heated seats are a biggie! I would save the $$ and get the colour you prefer.. I prefer white to black too (but many on here, particularly from the the UK, like the black)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Black is hot in Summer and not a good choice at night, (unless you're a villain).  :whistler:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Yeah, they were another two issues, gets hot in summer and a pain in the ass to clean, and easier to notice scratches I guess.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Is the WA one with a dealership?
Happy to check it out for you if you like.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Appreciate the offer, db08, really do mate!

I'm still looking around just incase, and I don't want to waste your time haha. It's 21,777,
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hyundai-i30-2012/AGC-AD-14168419/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

White definitely looks a lot better than the black,
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hyundai-i30-2012/AGC-AD-13852204/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

I'm probably dreaming with the price I hope to get but anything can happen.

I'll probably throw both of the above cars an offer this weekend and see how that goes. The heated seats are just that extra bit tempting, wonder why they removed them from the later models.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Appreciate the offer, db08, really do!

I'm still looking around just incase, and I don't want to waste your time haha. It's 21,777,
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hyundai-i30-2012/AGC-AD-14168419/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Hyundai-i30-2012/AGC-AD-13852204/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

Just another benefit of being a member of this forum, a kind very offer db08 and not the 1st time either.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Appreciate the offer, db08, really do mate!

I'll probably throw both of the above cars an offer this weekend and see how that goes. The heated seats are just that extra bit tempting, wonder why they removed them from the later models.

The dealer is Giant Nissan/Hyundai in Osborne Park, so just let me know if you'd like me to have a look.

When I first started looking for a new i30, my dealership (in Morley, W.A.) told me that the first batch of cars had heated seats as they were built to Euro spec but later ones wouldn't have it.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal