i30 Owners Club

Opinions please

NBi30 · 9 · 2664

Offline NBi30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I purchased some vinyl to wrap the chrome grill but after several attempts I gave up as it looked rubbish!! too many bubbles and creases. I'm no expert and even after watching a few on-line, how to videos it proved to be to difficult. I have decided to spray it....

Anyway I still had some left and decided to have a go at applying some to the rear. I have applied some behind the badge and the rest was the lower part of the bumper. I want it to look as OEM as possible and not out of place in anyway.

I have attached some pics, the spoiler is not yet sprayed or attached and I just placed it there for the photo......I'm still not sure on the vinyl and would value the opinion of others  :)

Cheers, Neil.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Neil

Must be my ageing eyes, but I can't see vinyl anywhere (or maybe that's the point you're making?).
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
It's your eyes Steve, the vinyl is behind the number plate and the Hy logo on the boot switch cover and in the recess.

Neil, my ix20 came with a black bit where your number plate is and I covered it with the skid plate set as I am not a fan of black plastic :undecided:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Can't decide from the photo you've posted...    :whistler: :whistler: :whistler: ???????

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I must say that I too am not a fan of black trim. To my tired old eyes, the original look of the i30 rear is more pleasing.

THe use of black vinyl reminds me of the time when a black vinyl roof on a car was an OEM option. After a couple of years or so they aged quite badly.  You don't see them now - or do you?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes and no..  I don't mind the black behind the number plate but not the black behind the badge  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline NBi30

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thanks for the responses. I quite like the bumper vinyl now, as it breaks up the very flat rear end and almost makes it more up to date.  Same with the badge as I just felt it looked quite cheap and like something was missing.

I just cant wait to get the spoiler painted and on properly, then start saving for the ms kit.

Offline Hitman

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
I like it :goodjob: makes it look like the car has a diffuser on

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :whsaid: :judges: :mrgreen:  looks good to my old eyes.  :P
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal