i30 Owners Club

GPS console / housing

Offline Blackeye_Elmo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
(RE: https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=8198.msg96396#msg96396)

I know this is an old post but did anyone find an answer on where to get the gps/screen housing? Would save me a lot of work if i could buy one premade. Thanks :)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Hey Elmo, have a look at this thread to see how I mounted my GPS in the cubby hole. Save yourself some money. It's dead simple.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=9724.msg111645#msg111645
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Blackeye_Elmo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hey Elmo, have a look at this thread to see how I mounted my GPS in the cubby hole. Save yourself some money. It's dead simple.

Hey, thanks for your reply! Sadly Ive got one of the new UK cars which dont have the cubby hole at the top, we just get a blanking plate.... :(

I've searched all over google but cant find anything, so it looks like Ill just get a saw and some fiberglass  :mrgreen:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
there is a tread somewhere on this great little forum [massive forum] showing how to swap the upper dash compartment.  :goodjob2: :goodjob: give it a try through the search function up the top left.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
Had the blank in both the old and new i30, never understood why a blank is fitted instead of the tray.

Haven't read the thread, but found the tray on ebay for about 28 usd 2 weeks ago, and fitted it yesterday. It requires some cutting in the center fascia, and cutting 2 plastic dots in the tray.

Think it's very cheap, and takes about an hour, most time spend with the dremel :)

Had the local hyundai dealer look up the part number, the price in their system said around 340 usd, not mounted. And he was sure it wasn't a mistake.

Offline Blackeye_Elmo

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Ideally I want a custom GPS/screen housing as Im fitting a 7" touch screen tablet in it. The picture of that custom mount was perfect but I just cant find it. So Im going to start making some moulds today to make one out of fibreglass.. Im not too good with fibreglass so it probably wont look to great, but cant hurt to try lol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ideally I want a custom GPS/screen housing as Im fitting a 7" touch screen tablet in it. The picture of that custom mount was perfect but I just cant find it. So Im going to start making some moulds today to make one out of fibreglass.. Im not too good with fibreglass so it probably wont look to great, but cant hurt to try lol

Will be interesting to see that.. I don't suppose many of us have tried to do anything with fibreglass :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

carib
Hi.
In my opinion, this is the best that I saw until now.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal