i30 Owners Club

Fuel tank cap incl. lock ?

Offline I30CLUBALFA

• 1st Gear
Huyndai has only the cap marked DIESEL for CRDI but no lockable cap. I`m  sure there exists a cap incl. lock (for other brand) but still fitting crdi but sofar I haven´t found it. Can anyone  give me a tip where to find ?  Thanks in advance! 

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
I30CLUBALFA
I saw the universal one in Finland, in Biltema supermarket, so I guess it must be available in the shops of your city too.
Or the best way is to buy one on Ebay
like this

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome i30clubalfa, wouldn't your local car accessory shop sell one that would fit?

Do you have an alph as well (or just like using latin...?)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
In Australia, the cap would be a TRIDON Brand D4FB Cap for DIESEL Non vented.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline I30CLUBALFA

• 1st Gear
Welcome i30clubalfa, wouldn't your local car accessory shop sell one that would

Dazzler: Thanks f. yr comment: As you know the cap has to be non-vented i.e  a certain pressure is built up in the tank for smooth operation of the engine. So it has to fit perfectly. Someone proposed Biltema cap. It can not be used for crdi in addition it has a diameter bigger than huyndai original cap. I´ve got a tip from Australia on Brand TRIDON Type D4FB. Will try to find it.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I30CLUBALFA
I saw the universal one in Finland, in Biltema supermarket, so I guess it must be available in the shops of your city too.
like this

Why do you want a locking cap doesn't the flap lock on your car?  (BTW a country/location would help)

If you are concerned about  thieves syphoning fuel fit a device which prevents a tube being inserted into the filler pipe.

Round here  thieves punch a hole in the bottom of the tank and collect the fuel in a bowl............  :'(

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
I30CLUBALFA
like this

Why do you want a locking cap doesn't the flap lock on your car?  (BTW a country/location would help)

If you are concerned about  thieves syphoning fuel fit a device which prevents a tube being inserted into the filler pipe.

Round here  thieves punch a hole in the bottom of the tank and collect the fuel in a bowl............  :'(

Me? I don't want it  :P

In fact it is surprise to find out what ways of stealing the petrol exist in other countries. I haven't heard much about it taking place in Russia, especially the way of puncturing the tank.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

That is terrible ... :blubber:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The correct code for the cap is TFL234D. Type this in your search engine & it should come up. Check the measurements with your existing cap, naturally. :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I30CLUBALFA
like this

They should be deported to Australia as Convicts!

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No don't do that!! We're trying to keep how good it is here a secret. :happydance:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
No don't do that!! We're trying to keep how good it is here a secret. :happydance:
i think the secrets out.  :disapp: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal