i30 Owners Club

reversing camera problem

Gotit · 4 · 1830

Offline Gotit

• 1st Gear
Recently I had installed a reversing camera to my 2010 SLX I30. The screen is part of the internal reversing mirror and while the unit works well under some conditions it is very hard to discern the picture on sunny days. I have tried allsorts of adjustments using the brightness and contrast settings but to no avail. The supplier has been most helpful and we have concluded that there is too much peripheral light from outside the care that is preventing favourable viewing. Has nayone had fitted a unit similar to this with out my problem??  Like the name says I gotit!!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Gotit.. I think these cameras with a screen integrated into the mirror are a bit of a compromise. Our Hi-ace vans at work use a similar setup and although I don't drive them the feedback is they are not that easy to see..

Could you use a GPS? some of those are compatible with reversing cameras and a 4.3 or larger one should be big enough...(just a thought)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Gotit

• 1st Gear
Thanks Dazzler for moving my note to the right section. Your advice of using a GPS unit I will check out and see if it is applicable in my case. I should have added that all side and rear windows have dealer tinting .PP35.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
No Probs  :D  I think tinting is a must in warmer climates and looks great too
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal