i30 Owners Club

Question about Dual SIM and Bluetooth

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear
  • magunuthVE

• pn Pitcairn
      Usa

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
I am looking at a dual SIM mobile phone and wondered how the Hyundai Bluetooth handled such a thing.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Our cars don't have it, but from what I've read here, compatibility seems to be brand oriented. Personally, I'd give it another couple of years b4 they get it right.  :'(
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Depends on the manufacturer of the phone, the firmware they are using etc.
Hyundai's Bluetooth stereos seem to be very good for compatibility on a wide range of handsets, although some Blackberrys fail to be supported (phone issue, not Hyundai).
What is your reason for a Dual Simcard though?
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear
  • magunuthVE

• pn Pitcairn
      Usa

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
I get better rates with one carrier, and better reception with another so have been looking as more and more phones become available with dual SIM.
Also can have a work number and home number on the same handset without having two handsets in my pocket.
Just looking, but wondered if there was likely to be a problem with connecting to Bluetooth. I currently have a single SIM Nokia that works well with stereo, however doesn't synchronise numbers well.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
I get better rates with one carrier, and better reception with another so have been looking as more and more phones become available with dual SIM.
Also can have a work number and home number on the same handset without having two handsets in my pocket.
Just looking, but wondered if there was likely to be a problem with connecting to Bluetooth. I currently have a single SIM Nokia that works well with stereo, however doesn't synchronise numbers well.
Well you may be surprised to find some Chinese phones, which are capable to work with 4 Sim cards  :D.
I, myself, own Samsung C6712 DUOS, which is quite raw, there are lot of troubles with it, so once I can spare some money I'll buy another one.
I had owned Samsung C5212 DUOS before and it was good, but I struck it (don't remember how and when) and its screen cracked, but it stilled worked properly nevertheless.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Fair enough point.
Would be a matter of trying one if a friend had one, and seeing how it pairs, but as i said, if its unbranded it may not offer all functions with the stereo. Should connect, as bluetooth is general. but its how the phone supports the bluetooth software is a different thing
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Hey that is Nifty.. learn something every day  :Shocked:

Samsung are a strange company .. some of their models of stuff are brilliant others are crap ... :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
So which are which Dazz.  :question:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Samsung are a strange company .. some of their models ... are brilliant others are crap ... :whistler:
I've yet to come across a Samsung model I didn't fancy like :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have a Huawei dual sim phone.
It's a Blackberry clone.
I don't really need the dual sim but I wanted a new unlocked handset and they were nice and cheap with good reviews.
I'm a pretty basic kind of guy. :cool:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So which are which Dazz.  :question:

It pays to google any models of their TV's and Mobiles (in particular ..) that you are considering buying to see if they get Good or Bad customer reviews.

It is a bit of a minefield because we have had the odd bad TV at work made by Samsung for another company (Toshiba) 40" Full HD LCD .. giving us no end of trouble (All Samsung under the skin)

As far as phones go my Wife Trish and my Daughter and some friends have all had Samsung phones that have had wierd faults. I have spoken to a couple of experience phone Guys i know and they admit some of Samsungs phones are brilliant and others are real dogs (although the same can be said for Nokia as well to some extent... :disapp:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I use Nokia phone, always been happy with them. We had a Samsung VCR 10 yrs ago. While we were out 1 day, the power supply exploded, stunk the house out. I said Samsung, or Korean, never again. Now we have Samsung 46 LED + 3 x 26" LCD + 2 Korean cars. All working ok.  So much for what I say. :faint:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I use Nokia phone, always been happy with them. We had a Samsung VCR 10 yrs ago. While we were out 1 day, the power supply exploded, stunk the house out. I said Samsung, or Korean, never again. Now we have Samsung 46 LED + 3 x 26" LCD + 2 Korean cars. All working ok.  So much for what I say. :faint:

I ran a Retravision Store for 2 years in the 90's and we gave away a 34cm Samsung Tv in a competition.. The lady came back with a warranty claim a few months later (it caught on fire)  :-[

My M8 got a 46 Samsung LED about 3 years ago and it has been brilliant with an excellent picture but some of their more recent models have had issues...

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal