i30 Owners Club

ShineRed i30 CW from Norway

Glacius · 469 · 127100

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
* Shambles considers changing the title of the thread
:whistler:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:rofl:

Good idea.
To what though?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
:rofl:

Good idea.

With the up coming camo,maybe "Now you See it Now you Don't" or the
"Never Ending Changing Car of Norway" or simply "Transformer Glacius"
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: db08
Good idea.

"DullGrey i30CW from Norway"
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
haha you guys , I wont do the CAMO ;)  I think it wont suit my car now

Also i found out the wheel paint i got is COBBER! not bronze <,< so thats why they look " brown " the pictures are bad for showing it but they are really like this

So I recon , now I only need to lower it and its finished =) 

And yes Shamebles you can change my thread name to " The never ending changes of Glacius I30cw ** if u want ^^

take care all

glac

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I liked Shamebles - that can really catch on. :snigger:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi guys

hope you all are well and had a great summer! , I got another car update *  NOOO YOU DONT SAY!"**yeah  :P

This time I took the weekend and changed my wheels again I was not happ with the outcome of the wheels they looked like RUST and it made me annoyed, so last night I started masking them and painting them, I removed all the old plastidip and added only black on the outher ring, and added silver on top, this made it look like the vinyl I have on my car now, so its a much CLEANER look, l and I also painted the calipers GOLD this compliments the wheels so much I love it, thisis the final look you willl see on my car, reason is I am SELLING it ,yes its gonna be sold before this winter =( because of my new house and the horrible road to it I have to get a new car, my dad works for mistubishi so this is what I will get an 2010 OUTLANDER, 4x4 I am very exited about this as this is a great car, and my dad can get me a really good price, so here is the model http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=43554236

Anyway I hope I can still hang out with you guys as you are deffo the most friendly community I have been on and I cant tell you how much I appeciate you all,

I will leave you with my final car images,

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Glac,

I like that wheel colour better and the gold calipers are great too...

Bit of a shock about switching to an Outlander after all the work you have put into the i30  :Shocked:

No probs with still being a Member though  :happydance: ..and don't forget to post some info and ongoing pix of the Outlander (in Member's other Motors)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :whsaid:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Thanks guys,
Yeah DAZ reason is my dad works for Mistu and he can get me GOOD deals and I need a 4x4 , cus my house area is not 2wd friendly on winter, and I wont want to risk ruin my perfect i30  ^^ s o I sell it so I dont have to worry hehe .

I will post in other motors no problem =)

Thanks everyone take care

glac

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Glac you could always keep her in the garage until it's good weather to drive her, :whistler: be a sad day when you sell her,you have put a lot of work into her
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
true true, I could but I cant have 2 car loans =/  would kill my economy as i have a house as well :P

glac

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Glac, your car looks awesome.
I hope you do stick around and keep posting.
Good luck with the new car.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Please don't leave us Glac, the forum builds it's strength on the diversity of it's members of which you are one. You have value, we would hate to lose you.  :(

Your transformation of your vehicle is a true inspiration.  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Please don't leave us Glac, the forum builds it's strength on the diversity of it's members of which you are one. You have value, we would hate to lose you.  :(

Your transformation of your vehicle is a true inspiration.  :goodjob2:

:whsaid:

and you are very diverse  :snigger:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So it finally got there, right before It might get sold =/  Oh well, its been working like a charm all the way, notice the fuel meter :P
have a good week you guys =)

glac

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:iws:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi guys, I got some News, I have spoken to my dad and there is no way he can get an outlander that quick for me,... so Today I went to the dealer that I got my I30 from and would you know he has a 4x4 for me ;)
its a  http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object?finnkode=44117120

Ix35 in silver really Nice onl 40,000 km onthe clock and its  2010/2011 modell qquite Nice in Paint and stuff but this car will be for me a daily driver and not thing I will spend Money on " pimpin"  promis :P except Wheels and that is hehe .

So I might still be on Hyundai after all I am acutally quite happy With that as I love the look of this car and I hope its good to drive I will try it this monday ;)

take care all good weekend

glac

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Tell us all about your test drive Glac, good luck.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good news glac is it a diesel? :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Whoops .. I just opened the link.. I see it is a diesel .. no pimping, yeah sure :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So guys, today is the day,  I have to give it back now, but here is a small runtrough of the car ( My first time revewing so dont expect anything magic :P  )

Exterior:

I love the look of this car its really sleek and it looks agressive even in stock mode . the headlights are good at night, not the best ( Miss xenon ) but more then enough especially when the 1000Meters highbeams are on its like day light at night .

The rear lights are one of my fav they look so mean at night and the details in them creates a " modern" look, like led but even though it is not.

The door handles look modern I love that they are MATTE black / satin finish same with the mirror, dont have to worry about stone chips etc wich is great.

The car from side view to me looks like a lower car then from front and rear, this I find is wierd not sure why but this could easy be a " wagon "

The booth lid has a soft touch button to open, and the lid goes quite high so no risk of banging your head on it wich is nice.

THe side " design " lines are something that catches you eye instantly it flows really well from the front fender to the rear of the front door  and same from rear fender to the front of the back door quite a modern feel and it also makes it look quite aero dynamic.

Interior:

THe cockpit feel quite fresh, and modern iMO this is not everyones view but I like it love the steering wheel as its small and nimble EXTREMLY easy to drive this car, and its light as a feahter to steer,

The driver seat could have done with some more " side " support as I feel that sometimes I get thrown around a bit but this is just a minor thing.

The only thing I find wierd is that there is no automatic adjustment for the AC, this is wierd cus my car is from 2008 and this is from 2011, and even though its not PREMIUM model it should have this, I missed this from my car cus I find it quite nice that you can just set a certain DEGREE and it would make the inside of that car close to that, but as I said minor detail.

The display is nice, shows you what GEAR you should be in, like if you drive in 4th and car says no go to 5th I can handle it for better ECO thats a nice thing to have.

The fuel meter, outside degree meter, and oil and that is placed nicely in the centre of each " gauge ( speedometer ) not in your face but still there to catch your eye when you drive.

Handling:

I think the car is quite nice to drive, the handling it self is a bit woobly at worst expespecially if you go to roads that are on outside town where they are more uneven.

The car it self is VERY easy to drive and i mean VERY, it felt not like it was almost 2 tons of car but rather it felt easier to drive then my own one and that is only 1,2 ton,. strange but they managed to get this down right.

The geering could have been done smoother Its like hyundai you feel that its not smooth when you gear but I am used to this so for me this is no big deal, engine on idle is very quiet compare , my friends C5 CItroen was A LOT louder on this area.

The wheels are 225/60/17 I recon 245 and 55 could be a nicer drive cus it has some " railing " ( drives a bit into the groves  ) on this setting but its not as much as my car on 215 /40/17 .

So something nice its a 136 BHP diesel powered engine in this and it GOES !, the Acceleration is quite strong.

I do like the feel of the car when you reach a cruising speed, it has some tire/ road noise but I am used to that.

There is a 4x4 lock button , and a hill decent button that are quite handy the best bit is that this car has the same 4x4 system as the KUGA and the 4motion VW meaning that it is 2 WD / FRD until it feel it needs 4x4, so the fuel consumtion is quite low  around 0,65 per 10km wich is not bad at all.

I could write so much more on this car, but this is just a small review/preview of it I am still not 100% sure if I am sold on this, I know for a fact I will miss my car dearly, but then again it was nice to drive something where I did not have to worry about holes in the road, where to park and so on, cus I have worries on my car daily this I could relax and just know that this car can take me anywhere.

so the score

PROS
easy to drive
looks good
spacious rear seats
4x4 system
Interior
Adjustable steering wheel  ( VERY handy , and much more settings then other cars I have driven )
Alloy wheels are stock on all models

CONS
Small booth.
A bit woobly on side roads ( soft suspention )
No automatic AC
No parking sensor on this model, but on all others
Not enough side support in seat

My rating from 1 to 10 would be a  8.5 out of 10

glac

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:30:03 by Glacius »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No car is perfect Glac, that's a pretty good score, I think you'll buy it.  :happydance:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Thanks Glac, interesting write-up.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal