i30 Owners Club

Comparison time.

Guest · 7 · 2751

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Been doing some homework on the Veloster and its competitors and have been on the various sites configuring the models to be as close as possible to the Veloster just to see how the pricing goes.  I think anybody in line for this type of vehicle would be a complete donkey to discount even the non-turbo Veloster based on my findings.

I took the Veloster Sport with 6 speed manual as my base car and trimmed the other cars accordingly.

Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 with 110bhp, can only be specced to 17" alloys so if you want aftermarket 18" to get the same then add on that price accordingly.

£21,795.

Next up, a car that I had not really thought of, but would come into the same category (just) the Volvo C30.
The closest engine is the 2.0 petrol delivering 145ps, only comes with a 5 speed box though.

£23,495

Followed on by the car the motoring press is constantly comparing the Veloster to, the Scirocco.

Scirocco 1.4 122PS 6 speed is the closest I could spec out to the Veloster, in fact going slightly above with Xenon headlights included in the Winter pack for heated seats and washer fluid level indicator.  THis is the only one that seems to offer the equivalent to the supervision instrument cluster in the Hyundai, neither the Renault or Volvo appear to offer such an item.

£27,095

OR

You could nip to your local Hyundai dealer and get the Veloster Sport with 5 year Triple Care for

£20,495.     Bargain!
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Same over here Brian.. there was a review of the veloster the other day and someone wrote after it they much preferred the Scirocco (so do I but over $20,000 dearer than the Veloster  :Shocked:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I went to the local Hyundai dealer today to have a look at a Veloster in the flesh but still a week away.. they have a silver base model auto and a Vitamin C Metallic (Tiger colour) Top of the range Manual Veloster + coming.. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the Veloster + gets 18" colour code alloys like this ..(nice touch)

Top model with all the goodies only $29,990 + onroads (and dealer delivery I suppose)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yes, it is the Sport version with us that gets the colour inserted alloys :goodjob:

I would hope that a reviewer of any item would be more impressed by something which costs an extra £7000, if not then somebody somewhere is doing something very wrong!!
Do you know if the review was like for like ie the 122ps Scirocco or did they do the usual and pitch the poor Veloster against a powerhouse VW??
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I went to the local Hyundai dealer today to have a look at a Veloster in the flesh but still a week away.. they have a silver base model auto and a Vitamin C Metallic (Tiger colour) Top of the range Manual Veloster + coming.. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the Veloster + gets 18" colour code alloys like this ..(nice touch)

Top model with all the goodies only $29,990 + onroads (and dealer delivery I suppose)

That's surprising Dazz, JH had one in the showroom two weeks ago when I was in there.
I actually didn't have a look at it cos I was pushed for time, but it was on display.
It had been there a while before that with a cover over it but was uncovered and being shown the last time I was there.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, it is the Sport version with us that gets the colour inserted alloys :goodjob:

I would hope that a reviewer of any item would be more impressed by something which costs an extra £7000, if not then somebody somewhere is doing something very wrong!!
Do you know if the review was like for like ie the 122ps Scirocco or did they do the usual and pitch the poor Veloster against a powerhouse VW??

It was just a "punter" comment (and it wasn't a comparison) the punter just said something along the lines of "not bad but I would prefer a Scirocco"

That's surprising Dazz, JH had one in the showroom two weeks ago when I was in there.
I actually didn't have a look at it cos I was pushed for time, but it was on display.
It had been there a while before that with a cover over it but was uncovered and being shown the last time I was there.

JH would move an awful lot more cars than they do in Tassie (Hyundai would have looked after him) Not sure if the other Three Motors yards in Tassie have one yet..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

JH would move an awful lot more cars than they do in Tassie (Hyundai would have looked after him) Not sure if the other Three Motors yards in Tassie have one yet..

Oh, I don't know........
It was there they told me the i30 diesel isn't a very popular car, hence not worth much as a trade-in, so he can't move that many  :whistler: :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal