Pip

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Pip,

Congrats on your choice (Welcome to the club...) ;)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hello Pip,

Welcome.  You'll be very happy!!!!! :roll:  :lol:

Rustbucket.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Pip
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Pip
Thanks for welcome...
I've only done about 200K but nothing has fallen off  That's good!

Boy, it has taken me by surprise how much cars (or just perhaps turbo cars) have changed in the last 15 years since I bought my last.  The turbo lag has seen me pushing the pedal much too far in the lower gears and then rocketing off... crikey!

The only concern has been the difficulty in engaging reverse, which unless it improves I would describe as abysmal.  Apart from the annoying "lifter", and it's not just butting the straight cut gears, it's the rubbery linkage that never seems to allow me to push far enough to actually engage the cogs.  Early days I guess.

Taking a trip to Bendigo tomorrow (350K round, mostly highway), that'll loosen the motor up a bit more I guess.  The gear changes will have to wait.

PS. I was gong to register myself as "Grump" because most of what I say here will probably be fairly negative (I'm an old fart and have earned the right to complain).  However I will concede... mightily impressed so far  :D

Pip

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: "Pip"
The only concern has been the difficulty in engaging reverse, which unless it improves I would describe as abysmal.  Apart from the annoying "lifter", and it's not just butting the straight cut gears, it's the rubbery linkage that never seems to allow me to push far enough to actually engage the cogs.

It will get better. Honest.

The gear change is cables so if you have difficulty may need to take it back and have the tension on the cables adjusted. Se  how it goes for the first 1000 and if no better take it back.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Quote from: "Pip"
Thanks for welcome...
PS. I was gong to register myself as "Grump" because most of what I say here will probably be fairly negative (I'm an old fart and have earned the right to complain).  However I will concede... mightily impressed so far  :D
Pip

If you check out the "how old am I poll" you'll see there are afew of us ols farts on this forum.. but we haven't found a lot to complain about..

as stated by another member the gear change does improve noticeably after a few 1000 kms but if your is that bad it might need a slight adjustment at the 1000 free service.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal