i30 Owners Club

Clipsal 500 2012

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
No I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Years ago I went to Mt Panorama as a young chap. We had mechanical breakdown at Hay and wasted a day fixing a fuel pump diaphragm in a 308 Holden. Arrived late at night & ended up parking inside the track in a little quarry. Got up next morning, crossed the road and watched the race. It was very exciting but the weather was a real turn off, cold & showery. I like to sit at home in my comfy chair and let the Channel 7 crew keep me updated.  ;)
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It will be interesting when Nissan enter the comp next year...I  can't remember what type of car they are entering.......google will be my friend......

Nissan has yet to reveal which car it will campaign in the 2013 series, although it is known that the car will utilise the same Car of the Future platform and control elements featured in the Holden and Ford cars.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
No I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Years ago I went to Mt Panorama as a young chap. We had mechanical breakdown at Hay and wasted a day fixing a fuel pump diaphragm in a 308 Holden. Arrived late at night & ended up parking inside the track in a little quarry. Got up next morning, crossed the road and watched the race. It was very exciting but the weather was a real turn off, cold & showery. I like to sit at home in my comfy chair and let the Channel 7 crew keep me updated.  ;)

I also did not know that, then i meet the legend himself ( Jack Forrest ) he still road his old bikes he raced a few different ones BMW's were one brand he raced. he must have been in his 80's still road fast ( for the old bike he was on ). was down the south coast about ten years back. i asked my 93 year old father & he knew all about Jack Forrest, said he was one of the best. must have been to get that Elbow named after him.
in those days they used to ride the race bikes to the track & race.
hey that sounded like an adventure driving from Adelaide to Bathurst, you must have been keen!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
It will be interesting when Nissan enter the comp next year...I  can't remember what type of car they are entering.......google will be my friend......

Nissan has yet to reveal which car it will campaign in the 2013 series, although it is known that the car will utilise the same Car of the Future platform and control elements featured in the Holden and Ford cars.

it will probably even have same motor as a Holden or Ford, as they tried to even things up few years back , they all run the same diff & transmitions. these cars are nothing like the Holdens & fords they sell. just race cars. with a brand name to get the fan's to follow it. would be borring to watch showroom Holdens & Fords race.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The engines must be from the brand. ie Ford in a Ford, Holden in a Holden. So the Nissan will have a V8 from the Nissan range somehwere, tweaked to a similar level as the other two.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal