i30 Owners Club

Clipsal 500 2012

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
For our overseas members who might like to have coverage of this event, here is a link to Telstra Bigpond.

The Adelaide street race is always an exciting event (& you might see the little hills in the background where I live). It is a weekend event with 2 250 km races over 2 days. It is likely to be wet !

You need to register to login but that's no biggie.   :D  :Drive: :honk:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/MyV8Register/LiveV8Login/tabid/782/Default.aspx
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
For our overseas members who might like to have coverage of this event, here is a link to Telstra Bigpond.

The Adelaide street race is always an exciting event (& you might see the little hills in the background where I live). It is a weekend event with 2 250 km races over 2 days. It is likely to be wet !

You need to register to login but that's no biggie.   :D  :Drive: :honk:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/MyV8Register/LiveV8Login/tabid/782/Default.aspx

Good idea 84.
Of course, channel 7 will do me. :wink:

We probably should point out for overseas viewers this is Round 1 of the 2012 V8 Supercar series.

More information here.
:V8 Supercars Link:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Thanks surferdude, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would add some more info or viewing options as I've never needed to stream anything yet so I hope it works ok. Just wasnt sure whether Channel 7 was available os or not. Feel free to add anything else you think is necessary or interesting.

Looks like being a wet weekend here (and everywhere else too.) Should make for a very interesting race.  :goodjob2:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yeah I doubt Ch 7 will be accessable  by o/s viewers.
So the Bigpond link will keep them up to date.
Wet.
Concrete walls.
Oh Boy. :-[ :scared:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well i don't think i'll watch it. i think it has became a Circus. like i get to see the Sydney round & how they take weeks to put up the track what they call a track & i get disrupted as i like to ride my pushy around that area when i have time . & they block everything off, damage the road surface & footpaths get damaged. then they take about a week to remove there circus. i don't like Eastern creek raceway but think thats where they should race in Sydney or take it to Bathurst where the town would welcome them.
How far from the CBD do they set up the track in Adelaide? I've been to Adelaide but not when they race, think you also have a track Bob Jane built? Also see Nissan joining & one of Sydneys Holden dealers just built a new Nissan outlet in with there Holden dealership :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Our local Hyundai Dealer also sells Holden & Nissan  :winker:

The Clipsal is usually entertaining Trish and I will watch a bit of it  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well i don't think i'll watch it. i think it has became a Circus. like i get to see the Sydney round & how they take weeks to put up the track what they call a track & i get disrupted as i like to ride my pushy around that area when i have time . & they block everything off, damage the road surface & footpaths get damaged. then they take about a week to remove there circus. i don't like Eastern creek raceway but think thats where they should race in Sydney or take it to Bathurst where the town would welcome them.
How far from the CBD do they set up the track in Adelaide? I've been to Adelaide but not when they race, think you also have a track Bob Jane built? Also see Nissan joining & one of Sydneys Holden dealers just built a new Nissan outlet in with there Holden dealership :rofl:
The track is the original F1 track, shortened a little bit but is only a block or two from the CBD.
They already have races at Eastern Creek and Bathurst.
Wish I was still living in Sydney. I'd love to see that race.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Where are the I45s?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Where are the I45s?

Don't write them off yet beerman. Hyundai is one of the manufacturers Mark Skaife has been talking to. I guess you know Nissan are already locke din for 2013. Chrysler have also been nibbling at the bait (300C??).

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Overseas viewers, the race is about to start, login now.  :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Always pretty exciting the clipsal  :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I hope someone o/s is watching too.  :)

I'm watching Ch 7 & using the website for timing updates.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm happy enough just to watch it on 7 .. Not too fussed about the timing  :whistler:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

I'm happy enough just to watch it on 7 ..

I just turned channel 7 on but it's not very interesting. Seems to be something about Zippy & Bungle. And Tipsy Winky, La La and Po. WTF
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

I'm happy enough just to watch it on 7 ..

I just turned channel 7 on but it's not very interesting. Seems to be something about Zippy & Bungle. And Tipsy Winky, La La and Po. WTF
:scared: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well it was nice to see Jamie Whinncup take out the first race...amid a fuel costing exercise by second place getter

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah some of the cars were really zippy and no bungles but I saw a few Bingles..and a couple of the podium girls might have got Tipsy the amount of Champagne that got sprayed at them... :P

Neptune: I can't really take to Wincup but I didn't mind him winning this one seeing as he lost his Dad this week  :disapp:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I understand where you are coming from Daz as he was 9seconds behind the leader before their fuel light came on....but I do like the way Loundes drive and I don't give an inch Ingell as he barges his way thru. Enforcer suits him...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

I tried to talk to one of the podium girls, but she was obviously Tipsy, she gave me a Wink, I said "Oo La La", but she said, "No, Im off to the Po."  :'(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah I prefer Lowndes..  :happydance: and the wife used to go for Skaife (now goes for Tander)..

I find Wincup a bit too business like (and smug) :confused:

Good one Phil... :rofl:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Skaife?

Skaife???

:disapp:
Trev puts a line through trish on the Christmas card list. :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Someone had to like him, didn't they?  :lol:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
so who won?
also was a report, there was an opera on in Adelaide & the singers could not be heard above the V8 race cars  :rofl:
good thing the sydney round not near opera house.
cheers

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Whincup Saturday, Davison Sunday.

So Holden, Ford. Even result. The race was eventful as usual, they need to do something about the qualifying debacle that saw a car ram the rear of another with a 200k speed differential. Highly dangerous procedure, needs fixing.  :fum:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

So Holden, Ford. Even result. The race was eventful as usual, they need to do something about the qualifying debacle that saw a car ram the rear of another with a 200k speed differential. Highly dangerous procedure, needs fixing.  :fum:
But Davison has more points from the weekend as he was second to Whincup on Saturday but Jamie only finished 4th on Sunday.
BTW. Here's the story in the Touring Car Times

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ef9b8c5af9b87d7dfacd6e66a&id=b5e0f8a659&e=18ec1dcab7

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
surferdude  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

But Davison has more points from the weekend as he was second to Whincup on Saturday but Jamie only finished 4th on Sunday.
BTW. Here's the story in the Touring Car Times

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ef9b8c5af9b87d7dfacd6e66a&id=b5e0f8a659&e=18ec1dcab7
thanks for getting me hooked up with the touring car times trev.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Thats good they are even, i looked at news papers but could not see anything on the race results, strange as normally see pictures or so on.
the thing that stopped me watching v8 supercars is they don't seem to do any passing just follow each other around a track. & only passing seems to be in the pits like who changes tyres fasts & so on.
i like watching the Motorcycle GP they really go at it for the full race no pit stops lots of passing exciting to watch.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Like you, I was never a fan of street racing circuits for largely the same reasons. But races of this format are an opportunity for other members of the racing team to prove their worth. Winning this type of race invariably occurs in the pits or through a brilliant fuel strategy. The driver is naturally still an important part of the winning process.

The best thing about our Aussie racing is that your type of raccing happens an Mt Panorama and I find that very exciting to watch as well, lots of passing and a marathon race to really test the machines and drivers. So there's something for everyone.  :happydance:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Like you, I was never a fan of street racing circuits for largely the same reasons. But races of this format are an opportunity for other members of the racing team to prove their worth. Winning this type of race invariably occurs in the pits or through a brilliant fuel strategy. The driver is naturally still an important part of the winning process.

The best thing about our Aussie racing is that your type of raccing happens an Mt Panorama and I find that very exciting to watch as well, lots of passing and a marathon race to really test the machines and drivers. So there's something for everyone.  :happydance:

agree! the mountain is the best! did you know that started out with motorcycle rsacing & Forrest Elbow was named after an old motorbike racer named Jack Forrest?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal