i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1182456

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That's ok, I was having a lend. Are you kept informed of any faults in your bird.

BTW, I've done all the flying I'm ever going to do.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
@Gonz. I suspect you will never get a window seat on a Qantas flight again. ;)
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
That's ok, I was having a lend. Are you kept informed of any faults in your bird.

BTW, I've done all the flying I'm ever going to do.

That's OK, Phil.  I like people that can "take the p***"!   :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Yes, we are kept informed.  It may decide whether or not we can accept a task or do a certain type of flying.  It is recorded on the Maintenance Release (MR) for civilian aircraft or on the Aircraft Maintenance Documents (AMD) for military aircraft (yes Gonz, I know about CAMM2).  It is up to the pilot to determine whether the aircraft meets the requirements to conduct the flight.

BTW, why aren't you going to fly anymore?  Are your arms tired?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Happy to travel in Oz from now on. :)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Happy to travel in Oz from now on. :)

You are allowed to fly in Australia.  Well, at least I hope you are, otherwise I break the law everyday at work (sometimes twice!!).

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: FatBoy
I don't want to scare you

Too late :scared:

Quote from: FatBoy Slim
Every aircraft will have some faults that are "carried forward" until they can fix them...

:scared:  Thanks Jamie  :scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
well bugger me looks like we're all flying round in bunky planes then,like PPL driving round in all the bunky cars from the bunky car yards,wonder if theres a bunky plane yard somewhere in Oz,you can just see a sleezy slaesman at his desk now,"yeah she'll be right mate,no need to read the fine print she's all good mate"  :rofl: and they'd all have like bunky cars have a kerb side warranty,a bunky plane would have an end of runway warranty LMAO, once it leaves the ground Cobber your no longer covered  :rofl:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Sure you haven't sold cars B4 Rick :question:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Beleive it or not,you can trust me mate,myself and my BIL some years ago,used to own Dallas Used Cars, a thing of the past now,the new Orrong Rd over pass, put and end to that venture when the Government reclaimed the land,never once told a lie,my you didn't tell the whole story either  :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Beleive it or not,you can trust me mate,myself and my BIL some years ago,used to own Dallas Used Cars, a thing of the past now,the new Orrong Rd over pass, put and end to that venture when the Government reclaimed the land,never once told a lie,my you didn't tell the whole story either  :whistler:

Yep, that is the secret of a good salesman  :winker: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT   :lol:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

and the secret of really being the best, is make sure there's just enough petrol in the tank,that they get far enough away, they can't walk straight back to whinge,when something goes wrong  :whistler: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

and the secret of really being the best, is make sure there's just enough petrol in the tank,that they get far enough away, they can't walk straight back to whinge,when something goes wrong  :whistler: :rofl: :rofl:

That IS sneaky.. I was a car salesman for almost a month in the mid 90's (I hated it but did learn a few tricks)  :whistler:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes I could sell ice to an Eskimo,those days you could make a good living,but then the government introduced,fringe benefits tax,screwed the whole industry over night,  we had the yard for just under two years,can't really say
I overly enjoyed the job.
Now the BIL loved it,picture the biggest sleazy car salesman you could imagine,you'd be looking at him

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I think I've bought a car off him, Rick. Well, he was the used car salesman stereotype.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Once upon a time, someone I know (and before you comment, no it wasn't me) pulled a car over for speeding and as soon as he approached the driver's window, started to cop a mouthful or two.
The driver was alone and was quite well-dressed, wearing nice trousers, a shirt and tie.
As he was writing the infringement notice out, all he got was, "You coppers only do this job because you're not bright enough to do anything else. You've got the IQ of a brain-dead sparrow. Why don't you go and get a real job? Oh that's right, you don't have any intelligence. No wonder they call you pigs. You're as dumb as a pig. You wouldn't survive in the real world because you're all brain-dead, dumb and stupid." Etc, etc.
My colleague, who was rather experienced at dealing with morons, decided to say nothing whilst writing, allowing this idiot to have his rant, and then as he handed him the ticket he asked him, "By the way, what do you do for a living?"
"Oh, I'm a used car salesman," he said.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Honestly, this copper p!55ed himself laughing for a long, long time.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Lucky Maximum is a New Car Salesman  :whistler:

and Eyma Teapot is a bus driver now (and doesn't come on any more)  :p

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Lucky Maximum is a New Car Salesman  :whistler:

and Eyma Teapot is a bus driver now (and doesn't come on any more)  :p

:lol:

Yes, but this was a smart-arsed used car salesman.
  • Tertius the i30

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Once upon a time, someone I know (and before you comment, no it wasn't me) pulled a car over for speeding and as soon as he approached the driver's window, started to cop a mouthful or two.
The driver was alone and was quite well-dressed, wearing nice trousers, a shirt and tie.
As he was writing the infringement notice out, all he got was, "You coppers only do this job because you're not bright enough to do anything else. You've got the IQ of a brain-dead sparrow. Why don't you go and get a real job? Oh that's right, you don't have any intelligence. No wonder they call you pigs. You're as dumb as a pig. You wouldn't survive in the real world because you're all brain-dead, dumb and stupid." Etc, etc.
My colleague, who was rather experienced at dealing with morons, decided to say nothing whilst writing, allowing this idiot to have his rant, and then as he handed him the ticket he asked him, "By the way, what do you do for a living?"
"Oh, I'm a used car salesman," he said.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Honestly, this copper p!55ed himself laughing for a long, long time.  :lol:

Reminds me of the bloke on one of those shows where they follow the cops around. They pulled up this guy for speeding using a hand held radar and he spent ten minutes abusing them and telling them they obviously weren't trained properly in how to use the devices and going into great detail about how the device was inaccurate for a range of reasons. Then he told them he was a radar unit engineer and he'd see them in court.
At the end of each segment they post up some text updating the viewer on the progress of each case. At the end of this one the note just said, "the fine was paid on time".
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I remember that episode Trev  :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yes, so do I.
Used to get that stuff all the time. It can be quite humorous.
  • Tertius the i30

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yes, so do I.
Used to get that stuff all the time. It can be quite humorous.
I often wonder what their mates think and if they give them grief about it. Sure hope so.
That guy was an absolute fruit cake.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
For the life of me I can not understand why PPL get so upset with Police,speed camera's,red light camera's, the Police,camera's and RLC are all only doing the job they are employed or placed to do(I do disagree with the way they hide the mobile camera's)if you don't want a fine, don't break the freakin law, I actually get more upset with myself if I happen to get picked up for being a dumbass and loosing concerntration.

I've been driving just under 41 years,for 32  years never had an infringememnt(gord only knows how) then after spending 18.5 years on the farm,still doing a lot of driving,when I went back full time driving HV's boom 11 points over a 13 month period,through my own either inatentiveness or stupidity,I sweated buckets of blood for a long time,I made stickers up to place on all my dashboards of eveything I drove,slowdown,concentrate or loose your job,I finally got all my points back after a period of years.I don't plan to loose them but it only takes one lapse in concertration.

But don't blame the coppers,camera's or multi nova's, your the one with your foot on the pedal,or choose tp run a red light,so suffer the consiquences,I really wish they would hammer the PPL who use their mobile phones,so many bad things I see happen on the road because of them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very valid comments Rick  :goodjob: I try hard to be law abiding (with some slight indiscretions at times..)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Very valid comments Rick  :goodjob: I try hard to be law abiding (with some slight indiscretions at times..)

I am so far from perfect it's not funny,I hear PPL bitch all the time about this, a license is a PRIVELEDGE not one of your RIGHTS,wish you blokes wouldn't start me off on these rants,so many PPL out there who shouldn't be on the roads,Truck drivers,car drivers,motorcycle riders,from all creads and colours,I just hope unlike so many others,when I become a nuisance or danger on the road I have the sense to hand in my license.

No good me being a Walloper or a licensing examiner,I'd be the biggest C*#T under the sun,when I got my license,which I went straight for a then C class those days,which in SA was an open license for everything,I spent a Day of testing,not just a basic drive round the block these days,I'm gunna shut up now I can feel my blood pressure going through the roof

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Me too.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Breathe, Rick, breathe.....

I was going to tell what I found four days after Cyrils service,but I think I should just do as you say breathe and try to calm down  :head_butt:

By the way we need a whinge page just for me to vent,maybe I'll just go sifting through all the unread post and see what else I can get worked up about.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
when I become a nuisance or danger on the road I have the sense to hand in my license.

:YouNeedHelp:   
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal