Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Go on Rick, tell us.

hopefully if I don't get carried away short version

Cyril has as Bruce,nudge bar,spot lights and electronic shuroo,I have had the lwoer dash panels out of BOTH vehicles(for different reasons)so I know how they looked under there,so story set.

Cyril goes in Last Friday early,talk to Adam(service manager)inform him of all Cyrils ails,he already knew of two which they haven't been able to fix since 7500 K service,this is now his 60000 K service,told him all parts and oils where in the front floor,so off we go to do some shopping,later went back at the given time,but Cyril is not ready,no biggy,Sue goes home I wait for Cyril,overhear mech talking to Adam about Cyril not really thinking much of it,get Cyril back,told all his ails are fixed,new Mechanic is supposed to be very good with fault finding and electrical problem,informed they even fixed one I didn't even know was there,so drive home,reach down as I normally do as I know where the switch is for shuroo,just flick it on and think nothing of it,get home park Cyril in the shed(garage for the more refined)leave him there till Tuesday he doesn't get driven,up at 4am get all my shite together,do the few jobs I have to do before leaving on my 120K journey through the state forrest,full of jumpers and runners,leave home(in the pitch black)as I get to the outskirts of our town,I reach down flick the switch for the shuroo,think nothing of it,a few K's down the road I happened to notice no on indicator light for the shuroo reflecting in the drivers side window where it is clearly visible in the dark,so I drive the rest of the way to Perth slowly crapping myself hopeing nothing jumps or runs out,get to work OK.

Ring Adam during the day give him a mouthful that I'm not happy that the shuroo is not working,saying I knew the mech had the dash apart,if it wasn't something as simple as a pulled switch wire I wanted to know that they would be fixing the problem for nix,which he assured me he would do,anyhoo after work I took the dash panel out,what did I find,not only had he not reconnected the wiring for that switch,most of all the wiring looms had just been pushed back up on top of the material dash cover,obviously the looms had been pulled down and out to find the security system problem and replace the brake switch and just thrown back in without being placed and secured back where they had come from,I haven't rang em back yet,but where is the bleedin professionalism gone these days,most tradies I have dealt with in the past twelve or so months seem not to give a toss,just get the job done as fast and simplest way for them possible,so this weekend,I will get back in under the dash panel and tidy up his mess,at least I know the job will be done properly,my faith in Hyundai's service departments,was not  that high before this, it's even lower now,I even have this argument on a regular basis at work,no one takes pride in their work these days or gives a damn,in a large majority of cases where has PPL's work ethics gone.

Yes they are all very pleasant to your face and give you all the lip service they think you need,but do they're job I'm not sure about that it hasn't been my experience.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Can we have the long version now please? :eek:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Can we have the long version now please? :eek:

Well it was as short as I could keep it,can't tell a yarn without all the details and there COULD have been more  :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Yes they are all very pleasant to your face and give you all the lip service they think you need,

Male or female
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Yes they are all very pleasant to your face and give you all the lip service they think you need,

Male or female

I can see where this is going,but yes both

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Male or female

I can see where this is going,but yes both

:goodjob2:    :whistler:    :goodjob:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I can fully understand how you feel Rick (very frustrating)  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hold on a minute there Rick. Given your recent health issues, that's not really a place you should be, or a job you should be doing. Tell them they've been paid to do the job and do it properly, make them fix it.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
That's disappointing, Rick.
Being a country dealership I would have thought they'd have tried to do the right thing maybe a bit more than a city one.
I wouldn't be doing it myself. Get Sue to fix it.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Hold on a minute there Rick. Given your recent health issues, that's not really a place you should be, or a job you should be doing. Tell them they've been paid to do the job and do it properly, make them fix it.  :fum:

Phil
Not letting a health issue stop me,my veiw is,somethings gotta kill you,when your numbers called it's called nothing you can do to change it,believe me some of the things that have happened to me over the years,PPL just shake their heads,even my Family can't beleive I'm still here,I was going to tackle getting a transmission out this weekend,but after yesterday I don't think I will

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
That's disappointing, Rick.
Being a country dealership I would have thought they'd have tried to do the right thing maybe a bit more than a city one.
I wouldn't be doing it myself. Get Sue to fix it.  :lol:

Dave yes their a great bunch there,the atmosphere is far more personal and freindly than the city dealerships I feel,well the ones you actually get to talk too,don't know about the techs,definately not letting Sue near Cyril,I actually want him to run after the wiring has been tidied up  :rofl:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ I will fly home soon
+ once I got home I am on vacation till the end of March
- it is so boring here, in the hotel
- it takes an hour by bus to get to Krasnoyarsk

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Ring your girlfriend Misha :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ring your girlfriend Misha :mrgreen:
He hasn't mentioned her, it might be over  :Shocked: :blubber:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
+ Filled in the hole under the concrete driveway today.
+ After settling, replace the pavers.
+ Glad it's done. :happydance:
- Too much hot weather  :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ Filled in the hole under the concrete driveway today.
+ After settling, replace the pavers.
+ Glad it's done. :happydance:
:goodjob:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I think it is now Official,Cyril has been cursed by some bugger,either that or I have run over a bloody chinaman,coming home tonight cracked another windscreen,slowed down to go through a resurfaced area of road near home,got right over to the left,some dopey old fool comes gunning around the bend,I think not realising the raod had a new loose surface,just about lost control heading towards me,showered Cyril with rocks,so enough said,only had the damned thing replaced about eight nine weeks ago,bugger bugger bugger :argh:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
That's real bad luck Rick. Why do they leave all that crud on the road.  :fum:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
That's real bad luck Rick. Why do they leave all that crud on the road.  :fum:

it's the way they resurface Phil,pour liquid bitumen over the road then spread grey gravel over that,they do roll it with rollers but they leave the excess on the roads for a couple of weeks before they come back and sweep it,if they ever do come back,different story in the inner metro area,can't have cars getting damaged down there.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Country roads eh. I guess we're spoilt here, resurfacing on the freeway is all done with a machine that rips the road followed by a machine that lays a thick emulsion on the surface, rolled and then you drive on it, smooth as silk too.  :goodjob2:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Country roads eh. I guess we're spoilt here, resurfacing on the freeway is all done with a machine that rips the road followed by a machine that lays a thick emulsion on the surface, rolled and then you drive on it, smooth as silk too.  :goodjob2:

Yes thats the way they do the major HWY's and the freeway over here as well

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
He hasn't mentioned her, it might be over  :Shocked: :blubber:
well done Daz  :goodjob2:     :happydance:

+ another week left behind
+ only 3 days of classes ahead (2.5 to be precise)
+ I think I may change the work soon (Nayak seems to have decided to open its line station at Pulkovo)
+ it is the spring time
+ be positive

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
Bad news.

I've stunk up my back yard.

Decided to wash the green bin and didn't realize I did it right outside our loungeroom windows.

OH DEAR HECK THE PONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might die  :faint:
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:lol:

You just need some of that nice bin deodorant now.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

:lol:

You just need some of that nice bin deodorant now.  :D

Oh no, the bin smells great now  :lol:

It's the bits of fermenting grass I left all over our grass in the backyard that's causing the issue. I don't think bin deodorant is grass safe either   :eek: I googled bicarb soda thinking I'd just bury the bits under a mound of it and hope for the best but it seems it might kill my living grass too  :rolleyes:

I'm currently dying of heat because I cannot open the windows.

I feel a bit sorry for the people next door who had people there all morning as they're trying to rent out their house  :eek:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Do you have a dog?
Maybe it might help out soon and leave something on the grass that will overpower the bin smell.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

:rofl: No, sadly I don't!

Mind you, it already stinks of horse poop.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Bad news.

Decided to wash the green bin and didn't realize I did it right outside our loungeroom windows.

:rofl: that why there are Mobile bin cleaners they take the smell with em  :whistler:

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

Bad news.

:rofl: that why there are Mobile bin cleaners they take the smell with em  :whistler:

There are?!?! BRB, off too google............

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal