• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Tommorow we go again over the billiard tables. :victory:

.?
Billiards, mate, billiards. :rolleyes:

We will have to have a game of Snooker next time we catch up Gonz..  :happydance:

+ Went to SuperCheap Hoppers Crossing this morning to cash in on the irrationally continuous flow of member credit. Walked away with a big trigger bottle of ArmorAll and a pack of cleaning cloths for $2. :victory:

+ Mrs G rang for a catch-up and mentioned she had been without home broadband for the last three days. I talked her through cycling power on the ADSL modem and installing Skype on her new iPad, culminating in a bidirectional video tour of our respective 'homes'. :victory:

I know what you mean about supercheap, they have nearly been paying me to take stuff!  :goodjob:

:question: Surely your home hasn't changed that much since you left!  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
We're on for that game any time you're in this country  :whistler: Dazz.
Yes, the place hasn't really changed but the hostess was in view. :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We're on for that game any time you're in this country  :whistler: Dazz.
Yes, the place hasn't really changed but the hostess was in view. :happydance:

Sounds good on both counts!  :goodjob:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
. Walked away with a big trigger bottle of ArmorAll . :victory:

Hate to say this, Gonz, but ArmorAll is not a good thing for cars...it is petroleum base and dries out the dashboards etc which causes them to crack.....you can check this with any professional detailer and they will tell you the same thing....

. Tommorow we go again over the billiard tables. :victory:

practice this every day....going to try for the state team this year...

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hate to say this, Gonz, but ArmorAll is not a good thing for cars...it is petroleum base and dries out the dashboards etc which causes them to crack.....you can check this with any professional detailer and they will tell you the same thing....

Yah! I can see another Armorall for and against discussion coming up...it's been a while!  :lol:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Thanks for that info, Neptune.
I'm puzzled though. I've been using it on dashboards for - well, I've never used anything else. In particular on my wife's cars which she generally keeps for between 5  to 10 years.  Never had a crack appear.  :undecided:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

I'm puzzled though. I've been using it on dashboards for - well, I've never used anything else. In particular on my wife's cars which she generally keeps for between 5  to 10 years.  Never had a crack appear.  :undecided:
Could it be that newer cars have a different formula in their dash trim that makes it more susceptible to cracking than the dashes of old?

- Weekend is almost over, and as usual it has been way too short!
+ I'm going to play paintball in Grahamstown a bit later on, so I'm looking forward to not getting shot :sweating:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

GOOD ONE, guys.  :rolleyes:
I zipped back up today before lunch (7 mins by GPS) and swapped it for Meguiars. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

GOOD ONE, guys.  :rolleyes:
I zipped back up today before lunch (7 mins by GPS) and swapped it for Meguiars. :lol:

... and some more $$ no doubt!  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
+ I'm going to play paintball in Grahamstown a bit later on, so I'm looking forward to not getting shot :sweating:
If that's you in the avatar you'd better cross your front and back toes :)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Me thinks it's an urban myth, as like Trevor I've used it for many many years on both car and motorcycle plastics with no ill effects.

:link: What are the ingredients in Armor All® Protectants? Do they include silicone, alcohol, ultraviolet inhibitors and

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm not sure about urban myth.....years ago it was picked up especially with cars parked out in the sun......as I stated before......no professional detailer will look at armorall......

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
. Walked away with a big trigger bottle of ArmorAll . :victory:

. Tommorow we go again over the billiard tables. :victory:

practice this every day....going to try for the state team this year...

just an update to this past post.....I went out today to put my practice into practice in a money comp..........won 1st that was worth $500 and a $75 in house restaurant voucher...no bad for 4hrs of pleasure.....

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Hahaha my ears aren't that big fortunately :whistler:

Although there was one bloke at paintball that had ears so big I think if he had to turn around fast the wind direction would change :mrgreen:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hahaha my ears aren't that big fortunately :whistler:

Although there was one bloke at paintball that had ears so big I think if he had to turn around fast the wind direction would change :mrgreen:
:rofl: my father has the big ears and I still remind him that he looks like a VW beetle with the doors left open :D actually he's almost a spitting image of Sean Connery but we try not to bloat his ego :winker:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm not sure about urban myth.....years ago it was picked up especially with cars parked out in the sun......as I stated before......no professional detailer will look at armorall......

I guess it's a bit like Hyundai....there are many people that remember the early models being crap and can't get their head around the idea that Hyundai have moved on and now produce world class cars...

It's the same with Armorall, they have changed their formulas over the years but people still cling to what are now irrelevant opinions of past products...

Would Armorall still be the market leader if their products were that bad?  :undecided:

Came across this in another forum...check out post #6:
:link: 303 Protectant VS Armor All - CrossfireForum.org

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's a good find Rusty  :goodjob: Although we don't know if they really do work for Meguairs...  :whistler:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yep...a good find ...a lot of cons versus pros there and its this argument is already started back in 2008 with that forum

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The only reason I tend to not use Armorall is because I find it has a greasy finish.
Hence my use of Meguiars.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ a trip to Hong Kong was great in overall with a minor exception (the next one is planned in November; the master is supposed to come to Saint-Petersburg in June)
+ it will be my first Chinese language lesson on Monday  :D

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
+ On my way home.
- Caught the "red eye" from Perth to Sydney
- Four hour wait in Sydney

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
- RIP  Spock
  :blubber:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
- RIP  Spock
  :blubber:
:whsaid: :blubber:
The genuine autographed photo of him I got for Christmas is now more precious. :'(

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
- Yes big shame about the Ol Lenard,loved him in the Star Trek series,but liked him even more when he did his Doco's

another - got a Canary on Dolly the other night,biggest thing that pissed me off was,I put off getting tyres on her for a couple of weeks had them ordered to be put on the night after the Canary went on her.

Biggest minus was the meeting I went to which was no more than 200 metres from where the hold up point was,was the worse,a club I have been involved with for over 20 years and president of for over half of that time,was voted on by all bar one at the meeting to dissolve the club,so yes i HAVE HAD A BRILLIANT WEEK.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Geez, Rick, time to recxruit for a brand new club methinks. Take a leaf out of Hugh Hefner's book. :whistler:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Pardon my ignorance but what is a Canary?

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Geez, Rick, time to recxruit for a brand new club methinks. Take a leaf out of Hugh Hefner's book. :whistler:

No more clubs, I've nothing left to give
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Pardon my ignorance but what is a Canary?

A Yellow sticker commonly known as  Defect Notice

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal