i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us

meehalych · 5194 · 1182563

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Congratulations on the 10 years at Hyundai Tim :goodjob: sux that they're tight arses though :fum:
Thanks
Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Here's hoping those "tight arse stingy bastards" don't read this forum...  :lol:
Let them read it. I don't care.
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever.
except when I bought the Jeep...... :whistler:
If Hyundai made a live axle 4wd I'd be all over it.
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever. Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Can you ask for a pay rise?  :undecided:
Have asked, 3 or 4 times. Manager is lazy and useless with these things.
Do what I did when I was a young mechanic . I asked for a pay rise they said no so I threatened to walk out with my tool box.

(click to show/hide)
Been thinking about talking to Grafton dealer. See if anything is available. Bout twice the distance to drive though.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@ Tim  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer
Damn, I know the feeling  :(
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
@Tim, I'm really sorry to hear man - it's never nice to know you aren't appreciated at your full value. I can relate as I have been in my field of work for 5 years now and I am still considered a junior, yet I work harder than some seniors at the company who have been there for a shorter period of time than me, the only difference being they hold a few more qualifications than me. Sad what difference a piece of paper can make even though it means jack squat in the real world sometimes. Sadly, most places of employment only realise this when the hard, honest and diligent workers leave to greener pastures :(

- Some pesky diarrheatic Hadeda Ibis took a dump over Hippo over the weekend, so now it looks like I drove behind a lorry that lost a few tins of white paint for a good few miles. Stupid bird!
+ I am leaving to go to the farm for a week in a few hours as I have leave at risk at work...forced leave, if you will. You don't hear me complaining!
+ I found a place in Port Elizabeth that sells 20W LED floodlights for really competitive prices, as my father has been hinting at one for a while now to replace the old power-hungry sodium vapour one currently illuminating the house camp. This is a problem since my folks run purely solar/wind power and are 100% off the national grid. Can't wait to see how it works!
-/+ I let a friend borrow my computer speakers for a party a while ago in March and I still haven't gotten around to picking them up. I see her just about every weekend but I keep on forgetting to ask her :rolleyes: On the plus side, I finally unpacked my Hi-Fi and since I didn't know where to put it, it is currently doing music and movie duty on my PC which means I don't really miss my old speakers all that much :mrgreen:
- This thread has been way too quiet!
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:Agoodpost: Wabbit (or should I call you Phil?)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
@Tim, I'm really sorry to hear man - it's never nice to know you aren't appreciated at your full value. I can relate as I have been in my field of work for 5 years now and I am still considered a junior, yet I work harder than some seniors at the company who have been there for a shorter period of time than me, the only difference being they hold a few more qualifications than me. Sad what difference a piece of paper can make even though it means jack squat in the real world sometimes. Sadly, most places of employment only realise this when the hard, honest and diligent workers leave to greener pastures

Hmmm sounds familiar lol

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
@Tim, I'm really sorry to hear man - it's never nice to know you aren't appreciated at your full value. I can relate as I have been in my field of work for 5 years now and I am still considered a junior, yet I work harder than some seniors at the company who have been there for a shorter period of time than me, the only difference being they hold a few more qualifications than me. Sad what difference a piece of paper can make even though it means jack squat in the real world sometimes. Sadly, most places of employment only realise this when the hard, honest and diligent workers leave to greener pastures

Hmmm sounds familiar lol
Always remember: "Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth."

If they don't appreciate what excellent service you render then it might be time to find someone who does. Best of luck, Tim :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Congratulations on the 10 years at Hyundai Tim :goodjob: sux that they're tight arses though :fum:
Thanks
Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Here's hoping those "tight arse stingy bastards" don't read this forum...  :lol:
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever.
+ I've now been a Hyundai Technician for 10 years :) the love for the brand is stronger than ever. Looking forward to continuing for the foreseeable future (Can't say the same for the stingey bastards who actually pay me, tight arses)

Do what I did when I was a young mechanic . I asked for a pay rise they said no so I threatened to walk out with my tool box.

(click to show/hide)
Been thinking about talking to Grafton dealer. See if anything is available. Bout twice the distance to drive though.

Hi Tim, does your dealer have, inflated service charges like most. Or are they reasonable?
If they are inflated i would point out the value of a good tech when they rip customers off, as if they don't have a good tech & customers. have reoccurring problems they take longer to solve. they would soon go elsewhere . Like you will if they don't pay you a fare wage.
good luck at it.

What are the new jeeps like? one of my nephews has 4 young daughters, so need's a large car, currently on his second Diesel Pajuro but it's lease up soon, he want's a new jeep.
cheers

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
+ Head home tomorrow after a long tour (Hobart - Melbourne - Perth - Broome - Perth - Melbourne - Brunei - Melbourne - Darwin - Broome - Perth - Melbourne - Hobart)
+ Two weeks at home
- Father-in-law is visiting home
+ I get on well with him
+ I have some good duty free Single Malt Whisky
+ I'll introduce my FIL to Abelour and Glenlivet
+ I don't care if he likes it, as long as he doesn't want "Coke" with it
++++ I like Single Malt Whisky

The only thing you should add to Single Malt Whisky is more Single Malt Whisky

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
@FatBoy, I'm not sure if you get it that side of the world but a good single malt whiskey is Glen Grant. Very easy on the palate and it doesn't give you that horrible feeling after a couple of tumblers too many :P

As a result I don't touch blended whiskey anymore, only single malt on the rocks (or neat if it's cold outside) and beer :goodjob2:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
+ Head home tomorrow after a long tour (Hobart - Melbourne - Perth - Broome - Perth - Melbourne - Brunei - Melbourne - Darwin - Broome - Perth - Melbourne - Hobart)
+ Two weeks at home
- Father-in-law is visiting home
+ I get on well with him
+ I have some good duty free Single Malt Whisky
+ I'll introduce my FIL to Abelour and Glenlivet
+ I don't care if he likes it, as long as he doesn't want "Coke" with it
++++ I like Single Malt Whisky

The only thing you should add to Single Malt Whisky is more Single Malt Whisky

hey FB i agree about Whisky should never have coke with it!!!!! I put Water but been many years since i had whisky. my 95 yo Dad has it always has a bottle of good whisky at his place. drink too much you get a red nose.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@FatBoy, I'm not sure if you get it that side of the world but a good single malt whiskey is Glen Grant. Very easy on the palate and it doesn't give you that horrible feeling after a couple of tumblers too many :P

As a result I don't touch blended whiskey anymore, only single malt on the rocks (or neat if it's cold outside) and beer :goodjob2:

I used to have Johnny Walker Black Label but always with water, stops dehydration

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Thanks

(click to show/hide)

Hi Tim, does your dealer have, inflated service charges like most. Or are they reasonable?
If they are inflated i would point out the value of a good tech when they rip customers off, as if they don't have a good tech & customers. have reoccurring problems they take longer to solve. they would soon go elsewhere . Like you will if they don't pay you a fare wage.
good luck at it.

What are the new jeeps like? one of my nephews has 4 young daughters, so need's a large car, currently on his second Diesel Pajuro but it's lease up soon, he want's a new jeep.
cheers

I'm the biggest problem in all this. No confidence and no leverage.
I can't leave Hyundai for my own reasons. And we aren't in a position to leave Coffs Harbour (although I would be gone today if I could, hate the place and the majority of the people)

As for the new Jeeps I would highly recommend looking at the WK2 Grand Cherokee.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

All I can suggest Tim is to try and make yourself as indispensable as possible, so that when you go on holidays and stuff they really miss you...  :undecided:

In one of my jobs I had a Regional Manager that didn't appreciate me and eventually I left. Things went backwards after I left and he got a hard time and had to leave too..  :lol: Karma  :evil:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

I'll have to search that out.
JW doesn't do it for me, red or black.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Try the Blue.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Aren't Johnnie Walker all blends?
No idea.  I hate Scotch.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Try the Blue.

Blue is not all that it is made out to be....... you can try a Grants Blue Or Green label...both of those a way better than the standard maroon label........

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Try the Blue.

Blue is not all that it is made out to be....... you can try a Grants Blue Or Green label...both of those a way better than the standard maroon label........
AS I said, I don't like Scotch. I didn't know Blue Label even existed until I was having a conversation in Canada at my son's wedding. Really nice guy from Trinidad who was married to my daughter-in-law's Maid of Honour.  He told me about it over breakfast the next day.
So, we're talking about his love of JW Blue and eating a full breakfast including bacon.

He's a Muslim.

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer

Try the Blue.

AS I said, I don't like Scotch. I didn't know Blue Label even existed until I was having a conversation in Canada at my son's wedding. Really nice guy from Trinidad who was married to my daughter-in-law's Maid of Honour.  He told me about it over breakfast the next day.
So, we're talking about his love of JW Blue and eating a full breakfast including bacon.

He's a Muslim.

:Shocked:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
+ The Aberlour 12 is quite nice.
- I haven't tried the Glenlivet yet.
+ I will try the Glenlivet tomorrow.

I'm not surprised with the Muslim drinking alcohol or eating pork. After all, how many "Christians" here have committed adultery (premarital sex), or worked on Sunday, or taken the Lord's name in vain. As JC said, "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer

I'm not surprised with the Muslim drinking alcohol or eating pork. After all, how many "Christians" here have committed adultery (premarital sex), or worked on Sunday, or taken the Lord's name in vain. As JC said, "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

Will a snowball do ?    :gotcha:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
+ Thanks to this forum, I managed to sort out a few niggles on my car over the week that I had off.
- My holiday is coming to an end...back to work on Monday.
- Both parents have flu so been caring for them all week and making sure the farm is running has drained me quite a bit.
+ It's a lovely winter's day here, I'm actually in shorts and a T-shirt for the first time in ages!
- I opened my HP AC100 waterproof case today to discover the LCD screen cracked. I've used it maybe 8 or 9 times so I have no idea why it would just crack with no warning, but I suspect that contraction or expansion would have something to do with it.
+ The camera still works, so no point in chucking it out just yet. I can make do without a screen

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

- I opened my HP AC100 waterproof case today to discover the LCD screen cracked. I've used it maybe 8 or 9 times so I have no idea why it would just crack with no warning, but I suspect that contraction or expansion would have something to do with it.

Gee, that's a bugger bummer shame (seems strange to just happen!)

+ almost on vacation  :crazy1: :happydance: :crazy2:

How long have you got Misha?

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
8 days of vacation begining from Monday (it is my day off today, but I might be summoned to the airport in case of trouble)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

8 days of vacation begining from Monday (it is my day off today, but I might be summoned to the airport in case of trouble)

I miss looking forward to vacations now I am retired!  :snigger: :mrgreen:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

I miss looking forward to vacations now I am retired!  :snigger: :mrgreen:
Me too.
I don't like holiday periods because all the blow ins turn up in my part of the world.  :disapp:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That will be us from October. Bandung is Jakarta's weekend getaway so we'll plan to escape to the countryside ahead of the 10 million. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal